Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Still no ring. Should I go ahead and buy him this one?

I launched a whistle blower lawsuit in aug 2019. We still don’t have a court date,or a meeting to set the court date. I want it over. Geez.

When you get a good night of sleep but feel even more tired.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know what that is…

Dishwasher stopped working this weekend. Repair person coming next Monday. Dishpan hands for me.

Our refrigerator quit this weekend. It’s only about 7 years old, but it’s been a lemon with multiple repairs already and had things wrong with it before it quit. I think I’m done with that thing so we are shopping for a new one today despite the current one being not so old.

We do have a basement beer fridge, so most of the food was saved. Freezer is also still working on the broken fridge

Continuing the kitchen theme - I got to take the drain pipes apart under the sink last night to clear out a clog.

Plumber coming back today to scope the drain line in the basement bathroom because it keeps clogging. I’m hoping it’s a problem they can remedy through the line. If it’s not, the basement floor will have to come out - and the line runs under the furnace and HW heaters.

Ugh. I do want new flooring in the basement but not like this!

We just had the plumber round last week for a second clog in 12 months. Officially have banned Charmin from the household :judge: Here’s praying we don’t have another issue in 12 months…

Saaaaaaame.

I asked my spouse her opinion on replace vs repair the dishwasher. She said it would be a shame to get rid of me :neutral_face:

1 Like

For those of you with drain issues, this thing worked wonders on drains I have had issues with for years

Works on lots of things.

But, not poop?

Her dad jokes are on pointe!

I just got kicked off the couch mid-nap so that hubs can let the repair person in. This might be a thing that bothers me more than it should.

I think :poop: is a subset of rubbish. “Rubbish” makes it sound all hi klass and :poop:.

Yet another update processing on my work laptop. Ima go get some lunch… :roll_eyes:

I was cooking dinner last night and the handle to the kitchen faucet came off in my hand.

I think I figured out the issue this morning and showed DH what I think needs to be done so hopefully I will go home to a working faucet this evening, but we’ll see.

So my plumber came out last week to set the toilet in our new half bath, and hook up everything for the sink. They left, sink had a small drip coming from the p-trap. They came back the next day to wrap up a few other odd bits and we told them about the leak. Which they told us they fixed. And then I go down there that night, still a drip, so I start disassembling the p-trap. They forgot to install one of the little tapered rubber gaskets where two of the pipe sections meet. This is plumbing 101, folks.

I fixed it, and I’ll tell them about it when they call me. I assume they will call me since I’ve only paid for half the job, which is now complete, but I haven’t heard from them in almost a week.

THAT was a half day of cursing some years ago. Could not get the drain to stop leaking. Call my BIL to come over and have a look. He indicates ‘there’s supposed to be a rubber gasket right there’. I dig in the box. Oh, THIS rubber gasket?
But I’m not a plumber, so I’m excused.