Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Who is “we” and what’s the context? Are these your foster children? Kids you work with at school?

Kids i work with at school. “We” is the school.

It makes it that much harder for us (a dropout recovery school) to do what we do when the people that are supposed to be their biggest supports don’t even believe in their own children.

1 Like

That is really sad.

2 Likes

:swear: Lost my wallet yesterday returning by train from an exam committee meeting in Washington DC. Realized it was missing as I exited the train. Went back and very quickly looked at my seat (no one was in the seat beside me) but didn’t see it. Couldn’t find any conductor and knew I better exit the train before it pulled out of the station.

Major pain: some credit cards, insurance cards, etc. Some prepaid parking (rarely used, but that lot will be used tomorrow). Senior citizen transit pass (rarely used) At least $100, possibly approaching $200.

By far the most annoying thing: I went to Amtrak customer service immediately, expecting they would call a conductor and have someone at least make a cursory look for it (this was a business class ticket on a NE regional train). Nope, they don’t do that. All she could do for me was give me instructions for how to report it on the Amtrak website, which I did last night. As of this morning, not found.

I couldn’t find a place to report such costs on my SOA expense form (and no, I didn’t put it in as Transportation, or Miscellaneous, or anywhere else).

2 Likes

shaved my head a week or so ago. have not been careful about sunscreen on the dome while it reforests. so some minor burn and now peeling has me throwing skin like im in a dandruff competition. gotta lather up and moisturize

2 Likes

:lolup: “dandruff competition” :lolup:

Oh no. My FP&A crew built a model that includes mortality. They are basically assuming a certain amount of monthly revenue for everyone who’s alive, ok. But then they are decrementing that PMPM revenue number, and then laddering out the calculations. I don’t think it’s wrong, per se, from an FP&A perspective but this model is five times more complicated than it needs to be, and I’m afraid we might wind up in @meep 's thread on what not to do in Excel. There is an input tab, lovely, but then there are duplicative inputs on other tabs that are hard coded. What in the actual f***?

Should have just done a simple model with monthly enrollment, decrement that for mortality to track the number of living benes, times the PMPM revenue… I could do this with an input/assumption tab, a tab for data, one for calcs, one for final results. They also are projecting out three years with no cost trends or discount rate or anything like that.

3 Likes

SHAME!

1 Like

Why waste time say lot word when few word do trick?

2 Likes

Faulty Projections and Assumptions IMO

1 Like

Remember that old game show where contestants were like ‘I can name that song in two notes?’ It’s like that, I could solve the problem in two formulas.

I can name that liability in two formulas.

Did they use RAND() tooooooooo??? :game_die: :slot_machine: :8ball: :crystal_ball: :magic_wand:

1 Like

I’m driving in the lane in front of Costco when some lady just pushes her cart onto the concrete walk and walks in front of my car without looking. :roll_eyes: The funny part was her panicked look when the cart started rolling back on her. :laughing:

Some days it feels like disco bot could do half of their work.

1 Like

Why did my Molly Maid not come today? I PRE-CLEANED for you ladies!! WHY?!?

:unswear: tho still somewhat annoyed. Amtrak notified me today that they have found the wallet. Slightly too late: I already ordered a replacement driver’s license from PA, for nearly $40. I should have the original back before the replacement comes. It’s going to cost $23 for Amtrak to ship it back (express mail is the only option they offer). If I could pick it up at the Phila train station I would do that, especially since then I would definitely have it before I leave on next trip early Friday morning. But the only pickup option is in New York City. Still, if they express mail it today I should have it, and if they express mail it tomorrow there’s a fair chance I’ll have it.

Already canceled all the credit cards, but that’s probably a good idea since it was out of my possession, and I don’t even know if all the cards were still in it when Amtrak found it.

5 Likes

Ugh; I had that happen once before latching onto my current cleaning lady and it is incredibly annoying.

Day before a dinner party too.

To their credit, they did finally show up - just much later than usual. Given the company (and how they send out different people sometimes) it would be highly unusual for them to ghost me… like the last cleaning lady I tried :expressionless:

1 Like