Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

That’s pretty common. It’s a controlled opiate, so pharmacies don’t keep a lot on hand, but I’m surprised you had that much trouble finding it.

I have been prescribed Percocet once or twice and had no problem finding it. It’s a pretty commonly used pain med. No idea why it should be so hard to find right now. FWIW, 5 of the 6 pharmacies I went to were in close proximity to major hospitals. I figured those would be more likely to stock it having recent post-op patients like my dad.

Yes, I did drive to all of them. I did think about calling, but wasn’t sure if I’d even get an answer to “do you have percocet in stock”. CVS and Walgreens said they have no way of checking inventory at any other locations, and all they’d recommend is to keep driving around until I found a place that had some in stock.

the war on opiate/opioid pharma probably has something to do with the low inventory

Also the risk of theft. My local pharmacy has a prominent sign on the door saying they don’t store much opiate products on-site.

I’m all for stricter standards on opioid abuse. Seems odd to make it so difficult for the people that it may be very useful for (short term use for extreme pain). ID requirements also made it difficult for us yesterday. I understand why they are needed, but asking an old man with a fresh knee replacement to wander around many pharmacies hoping they have his pain meds is not ideal.

Yeah either way seems to be dangerous. Limit access, people turn to street heroin and risk OD on stuff laced with fentanyl (it’s pretty difficult to OD on prescription opioids or pure heroin). But making access easy is also what got us to this point in the first place.

Best course of action: legalization so people have access to clean stuff and not OD on impure crap.

No classic threads to bump on Thanksgiving.

turkey

1 Like

animated-turkey-walk

:cry:

Is there anyone on the planet that actually wants video with audio to start playing when they open a news article?

I guess there are people (those who are programing this crap) who want it to happen to other people - but I would bet that they are still annoyed when it happens to them.

I don’t mind having a video there to start, or having one start with the audio muted. I hate having to find and turn off the noise though.

1 Like

All about being able to say to advertisers ‘our video average x thousand views’ when 90% of those views are people scrambling to find the noise and turn it off.

Except… It’s not just ads. A lot of news sites do that. You were already there. You already saw (or didn’t see) that big ad on top of the page. Why does the reporter start talking as soon as the page is loaded? Annoying as hell.

Yeah, automatically launching video with audio is annoying whether it’s ads or other content. I use “mute site” on chrome for websites that I visit that have that as a feature. I can always unmute if there’s something I really want to hear there

When I play Words With Friends there are some ads that play with sound even though I have the phone set to silent. Really annoying when my wife is trying to sleep

I had some game that did that. I uninstalled it.

1 Like

It’s been less of a problem after I installed a VPN

I woke up with a UTI today. Haven’t had one in years, although I got them pretty much nonstop in my younger days, when I began being sexually active.

But WOW modern medicine is great. Used an app to talk to a doctor 30 minutes after waking up, had a diagnosis and a prescription sent to my pharmacy 5 minutes after that, and picked up the prescription two hours later. Five years ago, I’d probably still be waiting to see my doctor, especially since it’s a holiday weekend.

2 Likes

And I was gonna whine and moan about my slow internet downloading some big honking work files… :man_shrugging: :floppy_disk:

“A pee stick that attaches to your phone via cable will be sent to your house via drone in 10 minutes. Follow the instructions.”

THAT would be modern.

Had blood drawn this morning. WITH A NEEDLE! How dark-ages!
Oh, and had to wait an hour, 'cause doctor didn’t tell us to make an appointment via the web site.