Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

So, two ovens below a cooktop (not two wall ovens), right?

Yes, that’s what i had until this morning. A large convection oven with a self-clean feature and a small, basic oven, both under the range.

We just have an oven and a warming drawer, which we mostly use for storage. But I’m 100% with you, the dual ovens with a teeny tiny oven on top look like they would be impractical. Keep the most-used oven on top.

Best of luck, hopefully they can find the right part for you!

We have a built in microwave over top of a built in oven. And the microwave doubles as a convection oven - so it’s like two ovens. My spouse uses them both as ovens occassionally.
The oven is above a normal stove-height oven, but still lower than I’d find convenient. And the microwave is a bit higher than I’d find preferable. No idea why they don’t put them side by side at a perfect height instead of stacking them with one a bit too high and one a bit too low. But, it’s the kitchen and I wasn’t really consulted.

Ok random person from the nonprofit group that I’ve taken a leadership role with.

1. It is NOT cool to call me at 5:48 AM.

2. You need to take two extra strength chill pills. I am doing the best that I can, but I cannot produce water from a stone. If water from a stone is what you desire then you need to discuss with a member of your chosen religion’s clergy.

3 Likes

Holy shit, someone called you before 6am and your kid wasn’t bleeding out somewhere? That’s crazy.

Yeah, the contractor says he can get the part. Phew. It might be a little longer than originally promised before the stove works again, but i can deal with that.

5 Likes

:party:

1 Like

I used to do a lot of volunteering and.leadership in organized community groups. I quit after i got tired of people calling me and yelling at me.
Same reason i didnt run for local politics last election. Pretty confident i would have won, but when i got asked, nope. More.people yelling at me in what is basically a volunteer role.
I now do my volunteering in my community in a manner that people dont yell at me.

1 Like

Correct. This is about a fundraiser. It is not even remotely close to being injury-related.

Yeah, there is nothing you could do for a fundraiser that requires an early morning call.

1 Like

You could injure or maim the moron that called you. :+1:

So I’m on a road trip far from home. I was in such a hurry I forgot my meds!! Luckily all I had to do was have the pharmacy send my file to a pharmacy by the hotel and give me refills!!! Fluff me, I was royally :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: last night!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know what I’d do if I ran out of my raisinicillin.

4 Likes

I got one of these a year ago. I use the top oven most of the time. It’s great for roasting veggies & making cheese toast.

Hubby tends to prefer the lower oven.

Hmm. I make cheese toast in the toaster oven. When i roast veggies it’s usually at the same time that I’m roasting meat.

I want to oven i use at the more convenient height.

Sigh. No pie for me on pie day. I’m expecting to get my oven back, but not until Tuesday at the earliest, and that won’t leave me time to make a pie.

1 Like

the Girl Scouts were all out of Samoas today. I don’t particularly like Samoas, so I was getting them for the kids who all seem to like them. Had to go with Tagalongs. Oh, darn, my favorite, how will we ever survive???

2 Likes

I’ve forgotten my meds while travelling up north twice. First time years ago, went into a pharmacist and they just gave me a few pills to last the time I was there.
The last time, it was a long weekend and the pharmacist refused, wanted a prescription. I had to go to emergency at the hospital, wait like 4 hours to see a doctor for 2 seconds to write me a script for like 3 days of pills.

Next time I forget I’ll probably just skip them if it’s less than a week. The meds I take have a long half-life and it’s nothing that’ll kill me over a week anyway. Stupid rules.

Ya give someone a pill countin’ tray and they think they own the world!!! :wink:

My pharmacist told me that as long as you have refills available at your home pharmacy, you can do a file transfer and get whatever you need. :+1: