Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I finally made an appointment to get a new battery for my phone. Forgot my list for gift ideas was on my phone, so wandering the mall wasn’t productive. (I did see a big gumball machine at Macy’s tho.) Checked back in at the Apple Store to pick up my phone and told it was ready, go have a seat. After 20 min of waiting, I asked one of the employees who were standing around how much longer. Apparently some issue with the check in process not notifying the people in the back.

Also Costco food court was out of straws. I waited a bit to ask if they were totally out but the one person at the counter was busy and I’m looking around, no one had straws in their drinks.

Waiting is not one of my virtues.

2 Likes

So, you’re at Chicken[o]ST[c]Ore? :dog:

2 Likes

I need to give the dog a bath. We’ll both be posting later about this.

3 Likes

I just realized why working on the Regulatory Asset Adequacy Issues Summary annoys me so much…because the initials are RAAISins!

1 Like

:iatp:

And it’s a dirty, nasty, vile, piece of :poop: report too, isn’t it??? Yeah, I thought so.

1 Like

Didn’t you get a black dog so the dirt wouldn’t show? :dog:

1 Like

She’s starting to feel grungy when I pet her. That’s the sign. She disagrees.

Instructions on the shepherd’s pie from Costco said bake for 45-50 minutes, but that was a lie. Took about an hour and ten minutes.

And normally my oven is bang on, so I don’t think it’s that.

When even your mild mannered husband gets mad - something has really gone awry.

1 Like

I think a lot of people aren’t using straws now that they have those lids with the flexible hole thingy in the lid.

**** me gently: I almost deleted an important file supporting some work I’m doing!!! :scream: :scream: :scream:

it’s almost like this is karma for you ignoring all the advice you got in that other thread that the Tonal is a bad idea…

1 Like

The bad idea logic revolved around this thing being too expensive. If I want something, price isn’t really the deciding factor. What else y’all spending your money on if not the things you want?

food, cell phone, HELOC payoff for the renovation that happened last year, braces, life insurance, utilities, medical bills, sports fees, clothes, paying off the air conditioning system that failed a few summers ago, mental health copays, gasoline, critter control, tax preparation, graduation announcements… you know, the usual.

Costco doesn’t have straws any more. They’ve replaced them with a type of ‘sipping’ lid.
Source: Spent five minutes looking for straws before someone informed me.

I made an appointment at 11am today to get my oil changed. This place doesn’t do it while you wait, and the office and waiting area has been closed since COVID.

Hadn’t heard from them by 5pm, so I called. “They are working on it now. I’ll call you shortly when it’s ready”

No call and they closed at 6p.

2 Likes

Ours still has paper straws, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re phasing them out.

So, my “replace the kitchen backsplash and add a couple of electrical outlets” project has had its first catastrophe. They broke a critical fitting on my gas range. It’s old, and I don’t know if it can be replaced. The general contractor is reaching out to his friend at the appliance repair shop tomorrow to find out.

The stove is old, but I love it. It roasts incredibly well. And I make roasts most every weekend except when it’s really hot out. And it has a configuration that’s out of fashion (a large oven on the top, and a smaller one below instead of a warming drawer) and last time I looked, which was less than a year ago, there wasn’t anything on the market in that configuration. I mostly use the small oven as storage space, but about twice a year, when I host Thanksgiving or New Year’s Eve, it’s really nice to be able to use it.

Two-oven ranges on the market today seem to have a small oven on top, and you have to bend over inconveniently to use the full-size oven. I honestly have no idea what people do in the small oven. A single sheet of cookies? I guess I could make cornbread in a small oven. But I routinely cook a large-ish whole bird, or use all 3 racks to make cookies, or…

1 Like

The saga continues.

What an angry email from me looks like (sorry ladies I blacked out OddNumber):

What a subsequent angry email from OddSox looks like:

1 Like