Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I used to be able to use the school decision about whether to hold in person school as a gage to determine if I wanted to drive anywhere. This year it’s opposite. 2nd week in a row winter precip was predicted, schools ignored it, it came in, meaning school buses had to drive on icy roads. Then they canceled school the next day but promised bad weather didn’t happen.

We are supposed to get more precip tomorrow. Do we believe it, or not? If the schools are in session it will probably come.

I’m glad I don’t have school aged kids. I just worry about mr aj driving a bus on the neighborhood roads which are not treated here.

We had a snow day where they called it the night before based on the forecast and then there was like half an inch that had melted by 8 AM. They probably didn’t need to do anything but a delayed start would have been more than sufficient.

Dagnabit. Recording a video for the umpteenth time and my camera light flashes and goes out…out of power in the middle of recording. And I can’t plug it in and continue because the charger seems to cause interference with the mic.
So, screw around on GoA I guess.

Always a valid option.

5 Likes

I forgot to put the carafe under the spout of the coffee maker this morning. Luckily, there’s a stopper under the filter that doesn’t open until the carafe is placed underneath. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I typed the wrong one in this morning :sigh:

2 Likes

Going to the ATM. I drive around the building and start to pull forward. Some asshole decides rather than doing that they will just pull through backwards and cut me off. WTF?

2 Likes

Humblebrag about being in the black.

3 Likes

I can pull from the overdraft on my debit card at an atm. I think I can get cash advances on some credit cards at some ATM’s as well. So not clear he is in the black.

After holding on through covid, i no longer have status on the airline. Had it wednesday when i started the trip. Dont have it today.

This is awful!

3 Likes

Man. I got my Southwest Companion Pass in February of 2020, good through the end of 2021. AND I earned United status in December of 2019. I had everything all lined up, and then it all went south.

I was able to get two free SW flights, including one to Maui, with the companion pass. Still.

I need to show that a variable is an integer, except what I have is divided by root 2.
So either dividing an integer by root 2 is actually an integer, or that root 2 shouldn’t be in there.

I think I’m just going to assume that the numerator is a really big integer starting with the digits 14… That’ll work!

And once again, Space Lobster with part marks for the win! Dammit, I wanted to smoke 100% in both my courses this term. Not gonna happen now I don’t think.

I read this post and thought it should be in DNGAF Friday.

I’m thirsty.

Maybe known, but not stated: you seem to assume the numerator is an integer. For example, if the numerator is 3 root 2, which is not an integer, when you divide it by root 2 you get an integer.

1 Like

Yeah the numerator is definitely an integer. I just screwed up somewhere.

I tweaked my back again yesterday. I looked back through this thread for the last time it happened. Last time it was excruciating, and I could barely walk or get out of bed. I have had minor aches and pains in my back before, but nothing remotely on that order or magnitude.

Thankfully it was not a slipped disc. It was muscular/muscle spasms. Possible contributing factor is moderately bad scoliosis.

Fortunately my symptoms are milder than last time. Its hard to move around, bend over, or roll over in bed but it’s relatively milder pain unlike agony last time. I also have some muscle relaxers available that I got a prescription for last time this happened (but I never took any until today). Hopefully once those kick in I can do some stretching to unlock those muscles.

3 Likes

They would do this in Virginia, and I thought as you did, but after trying to drive in the roads after just that little bit of snow with a bunch of other drivers that don’t know how to handle it - it’s probably not a bad idea to err on the side of caution.

I’m not sure exactly what it is - just the other drivers, some difference in the asphalt used, something about the type of precipitation - but 1/2 inch of snow in Utah, no problem. 1/2 inch of snow in Virginia, don’t attempt to drive.

I have certainly had the experience where the problem wasn’t the snow itself but rather other drivers’ inability to drive in it.

But that was not the situation I was describing. At 3 AM there was a half inch of snow. At 8 AM there was zero snow and it was close to 40 degrees out. Not a small amount of snow … no snow at all. It had all melted and disappeared. Not one iota more risky than a regular rainy day.

Oh, they definitely do jump the gun occasionally. There were times when it was called the night before and it turned out to be nothing. There were other times when you were watching the news the next morning while the snow was falling to see if your kid’s school was going to be closed or not. Neither one of those is ideal.

They had several snow days built into the schedule, so how many of those were left for the year probably worked into the decision.