Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I got up, finished my responsibilities for the day, now I’m back in bed watching Seinfeld. Living the dream.

4 Likes

I’m on gabapentin for pain and I’m stepping up my dose, just increased today, my brain feels foggy. Was previously only taking it at bedtime.

Glad I finished my exam grading yesterday. It’s hard to think through the fog.

1 Like

Is this still for the pinched nerve? Ouch! Hope the meds are helping.

1 Like

That you know of. :dog:

1 Like

Recently this how my spouse decompresses

This being posted right after a post about drinking from the toilet made me do a double take

4 Likes

:lolup:

I need a new battery for my phone.

1 Like

Who’s a gud gurl??? Are you a gud gurl??? OF COURSE YOU ARE!!!

If you need a weekend getaway with lotsa cheese, chikkinz, and skwerlz, you just give me the word!!!

I’m getting annoyed by the sports word “trickeration”.

To me, “thank you for your service “ is as meaningless as “thoughts and prayers “

1 Like

My hotel has a mini bar but no fridge. And $7 bottles of water, but no free ones. Tap water for me.

1 Like

$7 bottles of water and it’s not even cold?

One week until vacation. My airbnb is supposedly a short walk from the beach. 30 minutes according to google maps. But there is parking, and highs will be in the 60’s, so probably not a lot of people there. But is my ankle still going to be the size of my fist? This could be a problem.

1 Like

I’ve seen that pretty frequently. Often the water is free if you are a member of their preferred group, and the markings are ambiguous, so they probably collect a lot of fees from people who weren’t expecting them.

Same hotel, different exam group. Looks like a clearly marked $7 charge to me. Also unusual, in my experience is that the SOA has the hotel provide free water in the meeting rooms (central locations near the individual meeting rooms). it’s cardboard cartons of water, with the hotel name, not bottles.

$7 in room gets you 1 liter bottle evian

1 Like

30 minutes is a mile and a half. Tough if a bad ankle, especially if carrying chairs, coolers

drive it, especially if off season

as an aside, i have bad knees, i usually can walk where i need to, but, i took a light weight folding cane i could put in a backpack, just in case

1. haven’t seen a mini bar in a long time
  2. if cold, i will use it as a fridge and push their stuff aside
  3. if at a conference, at breaks will grab an extra water or two for the room
  4. or, find a local store and buy some water
  5. $7 for a liter is a lot, but not enough to not drink if i really need it

Rough night last night. Backing out of the driveway, cut too short and banged my wifes car into my sons car that was parked at the end of the driveway on the road. Yes, some damage.
Eh, i have insurance, so.whatever.

Two miles down the road im coming to a spot where the speed limit increases. I dont normally speed up until im past the sign, but i was a bit frazzled and not paying attention to my speed. Sure enough, cop pulls me over. I mightve actually been in the higher speed zone bythe time i stoppped. Doesnt matter, got ticket.

Car damage and a speeding ticket in less than five minutes lol.

5 Likes

Usually, the tap water is potable.

1 Like