Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Also why the heck is the form not online? We’re not a tiny company and it’s hard to know who does what in HR. I know everyone is busy but they had 6 hours to send me a form. How hard is that? They did tell me I needed to report it to the property company (who owns the building) and those folks called within 30 minutes.

2 Likes

Yikes, what a mess. Go to the ER if there’s any question about it being an emergency.

What happens if you’re WFH and you fall over during work hours? Is that worker’s comp?

…what if the cat bites you?

3 Likes

My 7yo stayed home from school because puking. He so rarely throws up, I think I can count on one hand. He seemed to be feeling fine all day, but kept getting sick. Now he’s running a fever, and doesn’t seem like he’s going to puke anymore. So no school tomorrow, either.

Cute aspect: he was lamenting how in the “olden days” being home sick was fun, because he didn’t FEEL sick (he’s thinking of the last cold he had). But this sick day was less fun because now his head hurts and he couldn’t even relax and play video games all day. Tough life.

3 Likes

Aw, poor kid.

I remember being a kid and feeling too sick to truly enjoy the sick day and it being a bummer. I mostly remember how shocked I was that my mother wasn’t angry when I failed to get my schoolwork done because I’d fallen asleep. I expected to be in trouble for disobeying her but instead I got… sympathy! :exploding_head:

I just didn’t grasp the concept of truly being too sick to do stuff. All the previous times I’d stayed home sick were NBD by comparison.

I hope your son feels better soon.

1 Like

I had to buy a toaster oven. I’m morally against toaster ovens but not having access to a regular oven due to the gas being off for 6 to 8 months minimum meant i had to buy a toaster oven. it takes up way too much space on my limited counter space.

1 Like

I used to love using toaster ovens until I moved to NYC and couldn’t justify the bench space they took up. You can do lots of stuff with them but nothing beats a genuine oven, even for the small stuff. Hope you can get through the next few months - chicken wings, salmon and lamb chops work well in toaster ovens.

2 Likes

i’m constantly escaping my apartment either to my parents house or friends house in another state lately and i’ve barely even been in my apartment. but i’m here for the next week and a half until i escape again until beginning of january thus bought a toaster oven.

i had one years ago and never replaced it after it caught on fire when i realized an oven can do the same things including toasting bread.

1 Like

Major annoyed. Got up earlier than necessary for a flight this morning. Flight has been delayed an hour (which of course I didn’t realize right away). Would still have had to get up early, but an hour matters at 4:30 AM.

2 Likes

i have had flight delays reversed, so, if it makes you feel better, i would have recommended sticking with the original schedule

4 Likes

At airport. Original plan conservative. Would have made original time had it left then

3 Likes

I’m a little confused by this. If it happened at home during work hours it would not be WC. Just bc it happened at the office it is? I’m still not sure bc HR has not returned my message. She has an hour and then I am forwarding this morning’s message to her boss. This is ridiculous.

ETA: my employer did not cause my injury. They may be causing my blood pressure to increase which may result in a stroke which will be much more expensive to them. Except that the HR boss is good and she will take care of it. I’m just trying to play nice for a bit longer.

Takes note to lie if i fall at my office and wind up in urgent care.

1 Like

I thought of that but I just did my fraud training for the year. And dang it, all those ethics seminars….

1 Like

On a positive note my family is taking care of me.

2 Likes

Was this covered in those? Not treating you because you dont have a stupid form seems unethical to me.

Lying on claim related forms.

From experience, I know that my insurance company will send out a form asking where the injury happened so that they can determine if other benefits are payable. If other benefits are payable then they do not have to pay the claim. Idk if that is universal or just in my state. The urgent care person mentioned a state law. But my state rarely does anything that others states aren’t doing.

When I took disability time off from work to have a baby I had to fill out a form asking if it was work-related. And the way that question was worded asked for the location and circumstances that led to the disability. :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah, most likely.

An illness wouldn’t be unless it was somehow caused by the employer, but an injury, including one caused through no negligence of the employer, is.

For example, I was driving from work to an offsite work event during business hours and I was rear-ended by someone who had no connection whatsoever to my employer. It was clearly 0.00% my employer’s fault.

But WC still covered my chiropractor bills and work elected to not have me take sick time for any time missed from work just to avoid dealing with a WC claim for lost wages.

Might not want to disclose your plan to commit insurance fraud to a group of folks largely employed in the insurance industry. :wink: