Amazon + PCP

In this article:
(Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc on Thursday said it would buy One Medical for $3.49 billion in an all-cash transaction.

The deal heralds a dramatic expansion of the online retailer’s push into healthcare, having piloted virtual care visits for Amazon employees in Seattle in 2019 before offering such services to other employers and in other cities under the Amazon Care brand.

“We think health care is high on the list of experiences that need reinvention,” said Neil Lindsay, senior vice president of Amazon Health Services.

The deal is subject to regulatory approval and the green light from One Medical shareholders.

(Reporting by Manas Mishra in Bengaluru and Jeffrey Dastin in New York; Editing by David Goodman)

I’m interested in seeing what Amazon will do with this that already hasn’t been tried. Dr’s working for teh Amazon though - I have some doubts.

That was around before the acquisition mentioned earlier in the thread. With Prime you can request a discount card (really just a code that you can print out…) usable at any pharmacy that will accept it

My wife and I mostly switched to using Amazon Pharmacy itself earlier this spring, after I got fed up with the local Walgreens and Walgreens mail-order. It works the way you’d expect from Amazon.

I do wonder if they’re about to get slapped by an insurer. My wife and I received questionnaires from our insurer ostensibly seeking information about our experience. The survey asked quite a few questions about how prices were presented, and how they handled the fact that pharmacy users usually have two options (“discount card” vs “insurance”) when ordering prescriptions.