Actuary in Central Park avoids punishment

actually I thought one of the articles said “Actuary at Franklin Templeton”

1 Like

I meant when I made the thread on the ao about her when it first happened last year. I didn’t see it in an article.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what it means. She used her position of power to attempt to get someone wrongfully arrested, knowing it would likely work because she, a white woman, was making an accusation against a black man. That kind of person does not belong in the field.

She didn’t make a rude comment to a cashier at a grocery store in a moment of frustration, she took an action that could have gotten a man killed. Subsequent information about the situation only makes that more clear.

2 Likes

so a person who commits a crime should never hold a job again? or is your stance just for white people?

again, nobody died, and the dude is just fine actually, so you’re saying that she should never hold a job again? i see. no forgiveness ever from NA.

You sure did pull a lot of words out of my mouth there.

I stand by what I said. A person who commits a financial crime should never be allowed to work again in finance. A person who commits a sex crime should never be allowed to work with vulnerable people. A person who commits a crime by asserting their privilege over someone else in an attempt to cause harm should not work in a field where integrity is paramount.

Forgiveness is always on the table. But forgiveness requires accountability, otherwise it’s just a free pass to continue to do wrong. Perhaps she has been given a punishment that suits the crime, perhaps she has paid her dues, that’s not my call to make. But actions have consequences and these are hers. She should find a job in a different field where honesty and accountability are more negotiable.

1 Like

lol what field is lying cool? please list them.

you’ve never lied before NA?

Lawyer, car salesman, politician, advertiser, lobbyist, PR rep, political consultant, off the top of my head.

did she lie on the job? i don’t recall this…

I’ve lied plenty. I’ve never tried to frame someone for a crime, however. Do you not see the difference?

Discussing things with you is pointless. You offer no grace and make it difficult for me to maintain patience, so consider this dropped.

2 Likes

so if she was a car salesmen, you’re okay with there being no consequences?

we need to get this chick on here.

why is it okay for people in these fields to lie? doesn’t seem like it should be.

so it’s okay for a politician who makes actual policy to lie about a person assaulting them in central park, but not an actuary?

Oh please. Actuaries need to get off their high horses about this one sometimes. We are no more special when it comes to integrity than other people. The cashier working for the mom & pop convenience store has to have integrity when handling the cash at the register.

2 Likes

They sure do, but how many of them could pull off something like Ronald Ferguson did?

so, Amy should run for Governor of NY you’re saying, but should not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be an actuary.

Move over Governor Cuomo, here comes Amy Cooper!

I don’t know about amy cooper specifically, but I get annoyed when people feel like they “earned” their job for life. Society would be better if people fell as often as they rose.

Also agree with NA that honesty is more important than a high SAT score.

Oh please. Actuaries need to get off their high horses about this one sometimes. We are no more special when it comes to integrity than other people. The cashier working for the mom & pop convenience store has to have integrity when handling the cash at the register.

I’d go farther than that and say we are cashiers but we have millions in our till, so it’s about a thousand times more important that we have integrity.

Yes and no. I have done $100m deals, but I also don’t hold the cash in my hand or have a way to access it. A cashier, counting out money, actually has a lot more temptation.

1 Like