Actuary: Biden probably going to die in first term!

Paraphrased for effect :).

Mortality estimates of the dem candidates: http://stump.marypat.org/article/1319/presidential-mortality-2020-update-these-candidates-are-old

Also from the video wrt longevity tables: “And now for the fun part”.

2 Likes

Hey, meep says there’s a 50-50 shot he could make it through 3 terms (if the first term started today)!

/semantics

1 Like

Might also be interesting to see the average future lifespan of Presidents compared to average people their age at time they took the office. You see all the pictures and how much most visibly age during the period. But I’ve not heard anything about whether it actually shortens their lives or not.

1 Like

I think she should do the republicans. That would be fun.
Actuary says trump ‘probably going to die’ in second term.

It could be interesting, but doesn’t seem like a credible sample.

1 Like

I doubt it, I think it’s more a function of the age at which people typically ascend to the Presidency. Most people don’t age terribly visiibly from mid 30s to mid 40s, but early-mid 50s to early 60s is usually a decent change for most people.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, @SpaceLobster

Now, look. It’s tough to apply general population mortality tables to presidents, esp. since they seem to have a homicide rate higher than the general population.

I’ve been doing Presidential/Supreme Court mortality rates for years (I remember doing it for McCain back in 2008).

But man – Sanders, Biden & Bloomberg. Those dudes are old

2 Likes

and yes, Trump is old, too. But nobody is particularly worried about him living through another term (for either outcome)

1 Like

Bloomberg’s mother lived to 102. Dad died younger but it was related to a childhood illness.

1 Like

According to my models, Trump died in 2012 and a Russian bot was installed to replace him.

I’m not particularly worried about Biden’s mortality, either. I think Harris would make a great president.

1 Like

I do hope that all four of the candidates survive until election day, however. and yeah, I’m especially worried about trump kicking the bucket. The odds of an obese man his age surviving covid are excellent, and has has access to the best care available, but he may not take the advice of his doctors.

I think they will keep him hyped up on steroids to get him through the election. Then the after-crash is likely to kill him. Which by then no one will give a shit about. Other than his cult followers and that might be the best way to avoid an onslaught of domestic terrorism incidents. It’s a win/win.