Academy badges

Testing:

Is this real? Got one, but didn’t click through.

Looks like an attempt by AI to generate a hit list.

:grimacing:

I’m also curious about what this is as I got an email. Even if it’s real I won’t be too sad if I miss out on it though…I wasn’t quite curious enough to actually Google “Credly.”

got it too, didn’t click, didn’t care

The Academy sent out an email a few days ago that said we’d get this email.

I have mentioned to both the SOA and Academy folks that I’m one of the few people who actually opens ALL the emails from them. Most actuaries don’t read them.

This is what the subject line on the prior Academy email said: [dated Jun 12]

Coming This Week: MAAA Digital Badge

This is what was in the email:

Details inside

New member benefit provides a convenient way to showcase your professional achievement.

600x190

240x200Your MAAA digital badge is coming this week. As a way to showcase your Academy membership and your achievement in your career, we have partnered with Credly to provide you with a digital badge for your MAAA designation. Digital badges provide a convenient and shareable way to showcase your skills and achievements.

The MAAA digital badge is a simple, trusted, quick, and easily verified way for employers, clients, and others to confirm your Academy membership that can be conveniently claimed and shared. Once the badge is claimed, you may add it to your social media and other profiles in a matter of minutes to visually display your continued Academy membership.

How to Claim and Proudly Share Your MAAA Digital Badge

• Look for an email from Credly on Wednesday, June 14, inviting you to claim your badge. This email will come from admin@credly.com. Please be sure to add this email address to your safe senders list to make sure you receive this notification.
  • Click the link in the email.
  • Create a free account on Credly, if you don’t already have one, and accept your Academy badge.
  • Share your badge on your LinkedIn profile, email signature, and more to showcase your achievement, and your support of and commitment to the actuarial profession.

We encourage you to showcase your achievement as an actuary and publicly show your pride in being a member of an organization whose mission is to serve the public and the U.S. actuarial profession. The badge can be shared across your preferred social media platforms, including, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Additionally, sharing the badge publicly is another way to help support and spread awareness about the actuarial profession and the Academy with those who are unfamiliar or less familiar with the profession.

Questions? Check out our FAQs to learn more about Credly and digital badges, and for additional support.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks meep. I haphazardly open about half of Academy emails, and I just found in my inbox that that one had been unread.

Does anyone plan to use this?

I had a situation with a state regulator a few months back on my credentials. Not sure this kind of thing would have helped at all, but it might have.

I do not.
Wondering what it would convey about me if I did (and wondering when I would actually use it), and if I would have to answer unproductive questions about it.
Thank you, meepers, for copying that. Now, gonna dtnf this thing:

1. Um, my resume on LinkedIn notes this already, and why should I be “the face” of the profession? Fuck that.
  2. Show my “pride”? WTFuck? Of all the “deadly sins” I don’t believe in, this one I don’t believe in the least.
  3. Three things I do not use on the internet. So, fuck that. Also, if I did, then pretty much anything I might say could be twisted into an unprofessional act. Fuck that.
  4. Probably the least objectionable reason and, of course, it’s last on the list.

So, no, I see no reason to do the work of the AAA. Same reason I don’t keep the dealer’s license plate frame on my car, as I am not getting paid to advertise it, and I certainly did not get a deal on my car. And why I don’t wear clothing with its giant logo on it, again, not getting paid.

some of y’all have never been a sorority/frat and it shows!

come on, show some group spirit!

I was in one.
I know now that mob mentality is a bad thing.

Perhaps intead of exhorting us, explain why.

Yes, because that was a serious exhortation to join in. (like I was in a sorority)

No, there is no particular reason to do this. I just thought it was interesting.

Wow glad to know the dues increase went to good use.

2 Likes

Might have been going to lawsuits, who knows?

Do I want to claim this AAA badge from credly? How does it work? What is it going to do for me? Will drinking the koolaid at least quench my thirst?

I got the badge, not sure it’s useful.

My ASA boss thinks it’s a scam, deleted all the emails about it.

1 Like

I see no actual purpose of the badge, so I’m going to leave it unclaimed

2 Likes

I thought it was a spam when I got that email.