A Festivus for the Rest of Us

Happy Festivus! Let the airing of grievances commence!

2 Likes

Do I get immunity from moderation if I trash a bunch of people now? Looks like a mod is giving me permission!

1 Like

I do not have the power to offer blanket amnesty, nor would I even if I did have the power. Air your grievances accordingly.

This thread is a trap!!!

2 Likes

On 12/20, you said this:

ā€¦which, according to my math, would imply Festivus is on 12/21.

Today, you said thisā€¦

ā€¦which, according to my calendar, is 12/23.

Wikipedia agrees with you that itā€™s today.

I GOTTA LOTTA PROBLEMS WITH YOUR FIRST POST!

3 Likes

I believe she created this thread 12/2020. The exact date isnā€™t shown but I imagine she had the date right

I have a lot of problems with you now numbers guy!

2 Likes

Iā€™VE GOTTA LOTTA PROBLEMS WITH MY READING COMPREHENSION!!!
THEREā€™S A REASON IMA CAREER ASA AND NOT MORE HIGHLY CREDENTIALED!!!
SERENITY NOW!!!

5 Likes

NURSE!!! RETRACTION!!!

2 Likes

okay, so this thread is about saying cutesy stuff in all caps thatā€™s not really airing of real grievances? i dig it.

YAP!!!

I HAVE A GRIEVANCE WITH THIS WEBSITEā€™S SOFTWARE NOT ALLOWING ME TO USE MORE THAN 3 EXCLAMATION POINTS IN A ROW!!!

2 Likes

Iā€™M NOT HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THAT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

3 Likes

Itā€™s a year later, and ā€¦ I still got a lot of problems with you people!

2 Likes

And just like that, the Alert Christmas is over. Kids are pretty happy with what they got. Mr. Alert is assembling a giant Lego toy and Mrs. Alert is about to take a nap.

I had a rough time staying up last night to watch Seinfeld but got through the Festivus episode.

2 Likes

The exact date is 12/23/2020. Hover over the ā€œdateā€ or ā€œtime-lapseā€ and the exact info is shown.

For example, your post (quoted above) was made on 12/23/2021 @ ā€œ8:49amā€.

The time is likely expressed in Central Time (since my computer is currently on that time).

ONE MORE DAY! Happy Festivus Evus.

6 Likes

Wait. Whoā€™s Evus?

I GOTTA LOTTA PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE!!! AND NOWā€”YOURE GOING TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!!

2 Likes

I do have my own Festivus poles, both at home and at the office.

I love Festivus. I really do. Christmas I can really do without. Bah Humbug. Iā€™m not in the spirit. The religious aspects of Christmas have become meaningless. The tinsel, lights, trees, sweaters, shopping, gift reciprocation worries, wrapping presents, and crappy, sappy movies are all just crap I donā€™t want to deal with. I do like eggnog though.

ā€œAs I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be a better way. From there, a new holiday was born: A Festivus for the Rest of Usā€

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the feets of strength part

1 Like

100% Iā€™d easily prefer a group call from the whole family, no presents to or from siblings/parents/etc. Our family gets so crazy about ā€œsend us a list of Christmas ideas for your partnerā€ and then I get lists for the rest of the family, and we have to text about who bought what for who so we donā€™t double up.

Why donā€™t we just buy the things we want? Instead I get 8 candles which I use and almost every year at least a couple things that go to Goodwill or the trash.

We call 12/23 Christmas Adam.

1 Like