20Q - Game 37

(that was an official question. Now I’m just speculating)

There are a bunch of traditional board games that are small enough to fit in a bread box on Target’s web site…

Cheat for size or material? It’s not a puzzle, but for size I would have answered some but not all are larger a breadbox. As far as material, since cardboard is “processed” trees, I’d probably still have said “no” for question 1. Actually, since there are wood puzzles, as well as foam ones, so I’d have said “some but not most” for material source.

1. Is it alive or made predominantly from once-live things? (Let’s not count plastic here, but wood, meat, vegetables and the like) - No*

2. Can a person hold this? - Yes

3. Is it larger than a breadbox? – No

4. Have most of us held this? - No*

5. Is it generally found indoors? - Yes

6. Would it commonly be found in a home? (That is, given the object, would a home be a normal place to find it?) - Yes

7. Is it an item you would use in the kitchen? - Not typically

8. Can you buy it at Target? - Yes

9. Does it have wheels? - No

10. Is it an item associated with a particular stage of life? (like a child’s toy or a household item that would be mostly used by the elderly) - No*

11. Does it have moveable parts? - No in that doesn’t have any hinges or gears. Yes in that it has separate parts that are manually moved when in use.

12. Is it an item usually found in the bathroom? - No - nothing to physically prevent it from being used here, but this is probably the last room anyone would use it in

13. Is it a game? - Yes

*Q1: Given previous discussion around this topic, such as a wood table = yes, but cowboy boots = no

*Q4: I’m uncertain how to accurately determine this, so it’s a guess on my part. If “most” is > 90%, I’m comfortable with no. If defined as > 50%, I still think probably no.

*Q10: It’s not used exclusively by a particular life stage, although it’s not intended/appropriate for all life stages.

Games that fit in a bread box and have parts that i see on Target’s web site:

Wow, target sells a LOT of games…

Mancala, cribbage, dominos, Jenga, codenames, mastermind, bananagrams, a bunch of stuff that I might call bigger than a bread box (chess, checkers, Scrabble, Monopoly, etc.) and a bunch of obscure stuff that JFC probably isn’t cluing. And I’m probably missing some that are neither large nor obscure.

I was thinking a Rubik’s cube, but that contradicts “Have most of us held this? - No*” …also " Does it have moveable parts? - No in that doesn’t have any hinges or gears."

I’d assume that at least half of us have held a Rubik’s cube. While I wouldn’t say the game I’m thinking of is obscure, I’m not confident that at least half of us have played it.

I think I remember what this item is.