20Q - Game 37

Does it have wheels?

1. Is it alive or made predominantly from once-live things? (Let’s not count plastic here, but wood, meat, vegetables and the like) - No*

2. Can a person hold this? - Yes

3. Is it larger than a breadbox? – No

4. Have most of us held this? - No*

5. Is it generally found indoors? - Yes

6. Would it commonly be found in a home? (That is, given the object, would a home be a normal place to find it?) - Yes

7. Is it an item you would use in the kitchen? - Not typically

8. Can you buy it at Target? - Yes

9. Does it have wheels? - No

*Q1: Given previous discussion around this topic, such as a wood table = yes, but cowboy boots = no
*Q4: I’m uncertain how to accurately determine this, so it’s a guess on my part. If “most” is > 90%, I’m comfortable with no. If defined as > 50%, I still think probably no.

So we are looking for a small probably cheap household item that is not common enough for most of us to have held and is not usually a kitchen gadget.

Is it an item associated with a particular stage of life? (like a child’s toy or a household item that would be mostly used by the elderly)

1. Is it alive or made predominantly from once-live things? (Let’s not count plastic here, but wood, meat, vegetables and the like) - No*

6. Would it commonly be found in a home? (That is, given the object, would a home be a normal place to find it?) - Yes

10. Is it an item associated with a particular stage of life? (like a child’s toy or a household item that would be mostly used by the elderly) - No*

*Q1: Given previous discussion around this topic, such as a wood table = yes, but cowboy boots = no

*Q4: I’m uncertain how to accurately determine this, so it’s a guess on my part. If “most” is > 90%, I’m comfortable with no. If defined as > 50%, I still think probably no.

*Q10: It’s not used exclusively by a particular life stage, although it’s not intended/appropriate for all life stages.

Part of this is true.

Does it have moveable parts?

Hmm…I have to think about how this is defined.

Why did you think it isn’t a kitchen gadget? I see where the rest is likely from the questions, but I missed that.

Question #7 ?

10. Is it an item associated with a particular stage of life? (like a child’s toy or a household item that would be mostly used by the elderly) - No*
  11. Does it have moveable parts? - No in that doesn’t have any hinges or gears. Yes in that it has separate parts that are moved when in use.

*Q10: It’s not used exclusively by a particular life stage, although it’s not intended/appropriate for all life stages.

Thanks, I missed that.

Definitely not a kitchen gadget, not usually or otherwise.

Is it an item usually found in the bathroom?

11. Does it have moveable parts? - No in that doesn’t have any hinges or gears. Yes in that it has separate parts that are manually moved when in use.
  12. Is it an item usually found in the bathroom? - No - nothing to physically prevent it from being used here, but this is probably the last room anyone would use it in

Hmm. “an item” that has multiple parts. And is small enough to fit in a bread box. And that you can buy at Target, but isn’t generally used in the kitchen or bathroom…

Correct.

Do people want a hint?

I am not yet itching for a hint. Just thinking that we don’t have a ton of questions left, and should use them wisely.

Dice fit all the clues. Except probably more than half of us have held it.
So would a small acrylic jigsaw puzzle, but most jigsaw puzzles are larger and made of cardboard. That would feel like a cheat.
Maybe a small chess or checkers set. Or maybe a less common game… Cribbage, or mancala.

Is it a game?