20Q Game 32

it’s actually thors hammer again, but the real one this time. va can only pick various hammers wielded by various thors.

1 Like

I don’t know if “not a physical object” precludes things like the grail. Maybe… There’s definitely a lot of magical junk to consider. Even if we narrow down the tradition.

I think we might comfortably assume it’s not God or gods? Since they are usually person-like entities?

There’s a few things that are unphysical, like Mana. Or maybe creatures, like the Hydra.

or mount olympus

For the record, I view “physical objects” as anything that could be “replicated”. So “Thor’s Hammer” would be interpreted as a physical object, even though it doesn’t really exist.

I explicitly listed “gods” when I asked about persons.

So I think we can safely assume it’s not a god.

wait, so any god or mythical being would be a physical object too? because they exist…physically…in those scenarios

I would accept that interpretation with the caveat that those “things” were intended to have a corporeal existence (c.f., ghosts or spirits; including the Hebrew god).

Is it some kind of creature?

wouldn’t that be physical by VA’s definition?

It could be. I see we’ve talked about that type of question but don’t see where we’ve asked that type of question.

Q ID Question y/n
1 JFG Is it mentally conjured/an idea/principle (e.g., freedom, compassion, language)? No
2 YankeeTripper Is it an Eldritch Horror? Since you used capital letters . . . No
3 JFG Is it a natural phenomenon? No
4 Lucy Is it a person[-like entity]? No
5 YankeeTripper Is it mythological, fantastical or [in a] similar vein? Yes
6 John.S.Mill Did the myth/fantasy/story involving this thing exist 500 years ago? Yes
7 Lucy Is the thing a story? No*
8 YankeeTripper Is it some kind of creature? No
9 ? ??? y/n

*But it is mentioned in stories.

Clues given after the 10th, 15th, and 19th question.

I’m thinking this might not be a bad guess.

It does seem to be heading toward some old mythological item.

I don’t think so though. Based on what VA has said.

Based on this (yeah he gave that first clue for no reason), it can’t really be any object or person or thing, imagined or not, as they technically are all physical unless explicitly declared not.

I’m thinking it’s an idea, or concept.

wait, can’t be an idea/concept based on 1.

dafuq

It’s not an idea, principle, natural phenomenon, person or person like entity, story, or creature (including Eldritch Horror)

It is mythical or fantastical and was around more than 500 years ago and is mentioned in stories.

Am I missing some read between the lines answers from VA that aren’t in his table?

SMH right in the first post “Not a physical item”

I wonder if it’s some kind of Force, maybe a long time ago, possibly in a galaxy far far away. But I’m not sure if the story line being set “a long time ago” would qualify as more than 500 years ago when in reality it was the 1970s.

1 Like

Is it an event? (e.g the resurrection, immaculate conception, creation of the world, epic battle, etc)

1 Like
Q ID Question y/n
1 JFG Is it mentally conjured/an idea/principle (e.g., freedom, compassion, language)? No
2 YankeeTripper Is it an Eldritch Horror? Since you used capital letters . . . No
3 JFG Is it a natural phenomenon? No
4 Lucy Is it a person[-like entity]? No
5 YankeeTripper Is it mythological, fantastical or [in a] similar vein? Yes
6 John.S.Mill Did the myth/fantasy/story involving this thing exist 500 years ago? Yes
7 Lucy Is the thing a story? No*
8 YankeeTripper Is it some kind of creature? No
9 MayanActuary Is it an event (e.g., the resurrection, immaculate conception, creation of the world, epic battle, etc.)? Yes
10 ? ??? y/n

*But it is mentioned in stories.

Clues given after the 10th, 15th, and 19th question.

Das a good question.

I’m a little sad it’s not the Force, though.

Adam Driver is so… :ok_hand:.