2023 to 2026 World Cup Qualifier Prediction Contest

Damn it, meant to get in on this. What’s my available choosing options?

I’ll tag you when the November picks go up. If no one else objects, you can make picks for the October games from the links in post 2.

1 Like

I’ve not forgotten this — I had some computer issues that are hopefully solved. November picks should go up tonight and be due 11/10, scoring for October up tonight or tomorrow night.

1 Like

For the AFC games, there are a couple of games that are scheduled in the Middle East (Lebanon and Palestine) that are liked to be moved to neutral sites or postponed. The ELO probabilities I used assume that the games are hosted by the official home team — in case that matters to your selections.

@1695814 @Kid_Rock @Cooke @Ted_Hoffman

November picks are now available. Asia and Africa are split by matchday because there are a lot of matches.

October results coming soon (either tonight or tomorrow).

1 Like

Is there a link? Otherwise, I’m not sure what to do.

Links in post 2 under “Current Entry Forms”

1 Like

October AFC scores:

1. Kid Rock 572
  2. 1695814 555
  3. Mountainhawk 552
  4. Cooke 114

@1695814 — you submitted for October again, not November … I’ll delete the old links to avoid confusion.

1 Like

October CONMEBOL scores:

Kid Rock 371
1695814 319
Mountainhawk 256
Cooke 172

Overall standings updated in post 3.

I think I’ve submitted everything. Kindly let me know if I messed anything up.

I see responses from you in all the November files. Whether they are good responses remains to be seen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ouch, I should have just flipped a coin for these picks!

2 Likes

You seemed to go with the high risk / high reward strat of picking a lot of underdogs, and it was kind of chalk. (If you get 91 points for a correct guess, it means Elo gives them a 9% chance of winning)

1 Like

I wanted to pick Ecuador over Chile 2-0 but it would not let me select Ecuador. I could select Chile or Draw only.

I’m not sure — I was able to click the button just fine.

If refreshing doesn’t fix it, put a note in the score guess text box and I’ll fix it on the back end.

All done. Third time a charm on the Ecuador game.

Yeah. I went for a long shot strategy that could separate me from the pack. I was successful in that regard, but in the wrong direction.

Just submitted the November picks despite the hole I have dug for myself. Will just monitor whether I close the gap at all from here on in.

I think the scores are going to be in the 30k range, plenty of time to catch up.