2023 resolutions

My problem is that I exercise, but don’t watch my diet enough. Need to put our heads together on this one, lol.

1 Like

Second update: now at 4.5 months into the year I am back on track: down 9 pounds, and currently wearing a pair of pants that had been too tight to be comfortable until recently.

Hope I can keep the momentum going!

4 Likes

Update: 5.5 months in I’m down 10 pounds. Should be 11, but the scale is still moving in the right direction.

I’ve also added resistance training so I’ve probably added some muscle and I was on vacation for a long week since my last update plus my stress level is at an all-time high right now.

So … I’m slightly disappointed that I’ve only dropped a pound in the last 4 weeks, but trying to show myself some grace.

Was walking a few days ago and constantly hiking my shorts up… they are getting too loose to wear without a belt. A good problem. Even just the day before I left for vacation they fit fine but now they are too big, so my waist at least is getting smaller. Baby steps.

7 Likes

At the 6 month mark I am now officially ahead of schedule. Down 13 pounds, although that’s according to the scale at the gym whereas I usually weigh myself at home.

But they seem pretty consistent so I think it’s accurate.

I’m going to officially update my goal to 26 pounds rather than 24. One pound every other week for the rest of the year.

5 Likes

Ok, well most of my pants/shorts are now just completely falling off of me, which is a good problem to have, but it IS a problem.

Spent a good bit of the evening pulling out too-big clothes and swapping out for smaller stuff.

Only problem is that I wasn’t my current size for very long on the way up, so I don’t currently have a ton of clothes that actually fit.

Hopefully I won’t be this size for very long on the way down either. If I can lose another 13 pounds then I’ll have lots of stuff that fits. So there’s some good motivation.

5 Likes

7.5 months into the year:

Original goal: -15 pounds
Modified goal: -16 pounds
Prior weight: -13 pounds
Current weight: -14 pounds

So I’m not where I wanted to be, but the scale is still moving in the right direction. And I haven’t been exercising so I know what I need to do differently.

Life has thrown me two major curves since my last weigh-in and a bunch of minor ones so I’m trying to show myself grace, but obviously a little disappointed in myself.

4 Likes

Curves look good on a woman, IMO.

Haha, not that kind of curves! But I’m at the gym right now, so hopefully the ones you’re talking about will keep looking better and better.