2023 NFL Football thread

GO PACK GO!!!

1 Like

Are you in Green Bay for this one, too?
That was one convenient funeral!

1 Like

Thanks for dying on time, Uncle Herbert!

My brother has the tickets for this game. And he already planned/sold his other seats and is going. I would have stayed if I had a ticket though.

Detroit is looking good.

He’s going to need this fit every game now

And don’t come back!

1 Like

Awe. Friday gunna suxors!

2 Likes

It’s somewhat obvious to argue that the Broncos and the Bears are the worst two teams in the NFL. So, the loser of this game has an inside track to be the winner of the 1st draft pick next year. That means the winner of this game is really the loser, and the loser is really the winner. With that information I think the Bears are bad enough to win this game, because if they were good, they would lose. Makes perfect sense to me.

3 Likes

Caesers has Cardinals lowest -

The Cardinals beat the Cowboys last week and have at lease a glimmer of hope at QB with Joshua Dobbs not being awful and Kyler Murray theoretically available to return in the second half of the season.

Neither of the two teams are legitimate SB contenders.

Any odds on Chicago teams are shorter than reality because Chicago is a big place with lots of gamblers who will take long shots on their home teams. That doesn’t make the Bears any good. Remember that odds setter goal is not really about reflecting win probabilities. It’s more about leveling the dollar values across all wagering options to de-risk the bookmaker.

It doesn’t matter if the Panthers are worse than the Bears. Chicago gets their pick as part of the trade down from #1 last year.

1 Like

I’ll prefer the Sagarin ratings, as that’s just based on predictive modeling. Bears are worst, but Denver (at 0 & 3 and the demonstable ability to give up 700 yards and 70 points in a game) are 25th!

Ridder is having another horrible game for ATL. Just threw back to back ugly picks including a pick 6. I originally thought they’d give him at least 8 games this season to evaluate him. However I think his leash is getting shorter. Bring on Heinicke soon IMO. He’s just serviceable rather than good I think, but that’s better than what ATL has seen from Ridder so far.

They’ll probably be able to trade for Justin Fields in a couple weeks

Lol. I’ll give you Ridder for Fields now.

My choices for the noon game are the bears v broncos or commanders v eagles.

Am I crazy for choosing the former?

I grew up in the nfc north and don’t really give a Rattus norvegicus‘ posterior about the nfc east.

Need a 1st round pick as well. And a sweep of the Panthers. We’ll give you Claypool to sweeten the deal.

The Redskins?

Yes, the Washington Football Team

I hope teh O/U for the MIA-BUF game was set at 140. It’s going to take 70+ pts to win that one.