2023 Fantasy Baseball

I generally like to save my waiver position until someone screws up or gets forced to cut a good player to fill out their roster due to injuries at other positions. I’ve been hoarding that #1 position since week 2 this year. Somebody just cut Skubal! Aw yeah!

I’m looking to upgrade 3B. Would prefer to move SS or SP but open to any ideas.

Anyone want Hosmer or Cruz? With Goldy and Ohtani I can’t play all four, so anything that I can use works for me. Would even do a draft pick trade.

I missed getting Ohtani back into my SP spot by 1 minute this afternoon… 1 minute!!! Guess that worked out for me :laughing:

Getting difficult to fill out a lineup this weekend

6 guys on IL
1 guy with Covid
1 guy who can’t go the Toronto b/c he’s not vaxxed
1 guy missing time with a non-Covid illness

Maybe next year draft healthy players?

I’m in same boat. Have had to drop players since too many on IL, combined with below average players from last year’s trades.

Rafael Devers available earlier than expected for the right price. Type of player to win the league for an early mover ready to sacrifice next year more than others.

I have to cut a player that I’d otherwise like to keep to field a full team (8 injured players!). Has to be a pitcher due to lineup constraints. The candidates: Rasmussen, Eflin, Ashby.

Ashby has a 2 start week so I think he stays. I’m leaning cutting Rasmussen. Even though he’s been a little better than Eflin YTD, I think he’s less likely to be useful down the stretch due to a likely innings cap. Thoughts?

Eflin says he’s pitching injured and will continue to do so. So either you have less than 100% of Eflin or he hits the injured list soon. I’d drop him.

Also, I hate the Phillies. So I’d drop him.

With both Eflin and Rasmussen slightly injured, I flipped a coin. Dropped Rasmussen. I also don’t like the Phillies.

Damn, Ashby just hit the DL. I would have cut him instead. At least lineups hadn’t locked for me. Oh well.

Sorry for those that have made offers for Devers. I will decide by tomorrow on best offer. I won’t be making counters. Stay tuned.

My team was finally getting healthy now it looks like Im losing Harper and Acuna for a while at least.

I have 19 runs scored this week, Greenman has hit 18 HRs, ouch.

4 Likes

Any Brewers fans here? Curious to hear your take on the chances Ashby remains in the rotation going forward. Until he just inked his big deal, I was guessing he’d probably lose his rotation spot once Peralta and Houser come back. Now I’m not so sure. Clearly Peralta should be back in the rotation, but maybe Ashby sticks too. It’s also possible Houser is out longer since he hasn’t started a rehab assignment yet.

FWIW back end starters in my league are a hot commodity due to scoring format. If I dumped Ashby, other healthy but marginal options include Irvin, Sandoval, Ashcraft.

Trade Deadline (Fantasy Edition) quickly approaching. Time to start hitting up the bottom feeders for keeper deals. And I just realized I already forgot to look at my keeper status before making a deal with Zeke :exploding_head:

Traded away the pick I needed to keep Julio Urias (6th round, oops) and Joey Gallo in the 8th (don’t think I’m going to need that one back…)

Anyone looking for relievers? Got Jimenez, Montero, Schreiber, and Knebel and willing to give up 2 of them

Williing to trade any closers, Haniger, Carpenter and Arozerena.