2023 Double Elimination Reverse Suicide Pool (with a TWIST)

Week 1: Detroit

1 Like

Week 1: Detroit

1 Like

I will be in, but it may take some time for me to make a pic!

2 Likes

I’m in; will pick later

1 Like
Player W1
VA ?
twig ?
_16 DET
PZ ?
DW ?
YT ?
Fun DET
KR LAR
Mh DET
AS ?
UA ?

11 players signed up.

I’ve seen Stranger Things; but tell your friends and neighbors. The more players, the bigger the blood bath carnage.

Shameless plug to advertise this fun, additional game:

2 Likes

Detroit Bandwagon

1 Like

I’m in. Was planning to do Detriot but it looks like there is a lot of people picking them so will wait a little bit

1 Like

Should we pencil you in for Kansas City then? :wink:

2 Likes

Tampa Bay Suckaneers to lose week one.

1 Like

I’m figuring the Creamsicle game is the safest one to make that call :grin:

I’ll be on the books for LA Rams.

Player W1
VA LAR
twig ?
_16 DET
PZ DET
DW ?
YT TB
Fun DET
KR LAR
Mh DET
AS ?
UA ?
ONA ?

Updated OP to have the table of players with their assigned “abbreviation” for the summary display.

Week 1: Houston Texans

I like the “tie” rule!

And I appreciate various folks picking this up and running it over the years. I think MountainHawk started it back on the AO, and I ran it for a few years as well. Fun contest! Hope I make it further than the last 2 years…was out in 3 weeks last year, and 2 weeks in 2021!

3 Likes

Just a reminder that you have until 8:15PM EDT to make your pick for the Week 1 looser.

I am thinking of making one small change to the rules regarding a “missed pick”:

If a player fails to post a pick in a timely manner, they will get the “default” pick determined as follows:

• Home team of the last game of the week
  • If that team has already been picked, then the Away team of the last game of the week.
  • If both of these teams have already been picked, then proceed with the current rules (two strikes and the "first team in the provided list that has not been chosen will be unavailable for future picks).

Unless there’s overwhelming opposition for this “Default Pick Rule”, I’ll look to incorporate it.

And I think I’m going to add a zCardsSuck selection (where the Bye Week for the Cardinals will result in a strike).

And given the tri-fecta of newness in Houston, I’m going to also add a zTexansSuck selection as well.

Taking side bets as to which of these two will “win out” first . . . and if the active field of players can do better than both.

Player W1
VA LAR
twig ?
_16 DET
PZ DET
DW ?
YT TB
Fun DET
KR LAR
Mh DET
AS ?
UA ?
ONA ?
EC HOU
zC ARI
zT HOU

missing picks from @twig93, @Doctor_Who, @A_Student, @UltimateAnyone, and @OutdoormanNowActuary.

Or perhaps more accurately, these five are in line to have the “Default Rule” get applied . . . which would be the NY Jets.

8:15 today or Thursday?

For you . . . today. :stuck_out_tongue:

For everyone else, Monday 9/11/23.

3 Likes