Returning for the
18th 19th season is the Double Elimination Reverse Suicide Pool!!!
With a TWIST . . . see summary of change(s) at end of post
2008: Da Bears!
2009: Kid Rock
2011: Random Poster
2012: Random Poster
2016: Ultimate Anyone!
2021 : twig93
- Pick a team each week of the NFL season. If they win you get two strikes. If they tie, you get one strike. If you get 3 or more strikes, you are out.
- You may only pick each team once during the contest.
- If you fail to make a pick, you will get two strikes and the team whose ‘location’ is closest to A (alphabetically) will no longer be available to you. (E.g., city (like Denver), state (like Arizona), or region (like New England).)
- A pick must be GoA timestamped at least 15 minutes before the kickoff of the game the team is involved in to be valid.
- Do not edit posts with a pick in it. If you want to make a change, make a new post.
- If the game moderator(s) make an error in the official picks/standings post, you are responsible for pointing it out. Please either DM all game moderators or call them out in a post using @.
- If all remaining players strike out in the same week:
a) If some players have 4 strikes and some have 3 strikes, then the 4 strike players are eliminated and the 3 strike players will continue on with all players having 2 strikes.
b) Otherwise, all affected players will continue on to the following week. with the same number of strikes they had at the beginning of the week.
If more than 1 person survives to week 18, the following additional rules apply:
- Each player should DM a list to all game moderators of all 15 teams they have remaining, in order from most likely to lose to least likely to lose.
Picks are due 1 hour before the first game of the week.
Once the deadline is past, a game moderator will post a table of the picks.
There are essentially 15 potential rounds to evaluate for week 18:
a. For 18-1, everyone’s first pick will be evaluated using Rule 7 above to determine eliminated players.
b. We then move on to 18-2, 18-3, 18-4, etc until we have a single winner.
If two or more players survive past 18-15, they will be co-champions.
Wins are two strikes; Ties are one strike; 3 strikes and you’re out. So essentially, you’re give a bit of grace for getting a tie.
Rule 7 is adjusted to give preference to those who managed to pick a tie over those who picked two winners.
Current list of players: