2023 CAS Elections

Candidates are out, who you gonna vote for?

Hopefully we don’t get harassing emails from a certain group this time…

1 Like

Yo candidates, you gonna do an AMA on here or what

Did they give you permission to ask them that?

Damn, this is the first time one of the candidates is someone who I’ve interacted with professionally. I’m getting old.

1 Like

I guess with all the companies missing the mark on climate change and inflation I’d like to see more focus on how we can get the industry to manage those things effectively.

They all seem pretty reasonable and nice at first glance. It’s a lot harder to pick when all the candidates seem pretty reasonable; American politics has taught me to vote against someone rather than expressly for someone :rofl:

I got the CAS email reminding us that voting begins tomorrow.

After last year’s circus, and tainted by American politics, I was skimming through the candidate info trying to read between the lines…

1 Like

What the? Voting started and ain’t nobody done comment on my thread? I was hoping someone would at least pitch themselves here. :shake:

So I found out the election results by a search through the CAS website - wondering why nobody sent an email with the announcement, especially since the election ended the day before their last email blast.

Congratulations to Wanchin Chou, Sandy Lowe, Joe Milicia, and Kathleen Ores-Walsh - good choices. I voted for 3 out of the 4.

Definitely a big dropoff in voting from last year, to be expected as there were no controversial issues. DE&I continues to remain one of the central issues, and the fact that younger actuaries like Sandy did better in general shows where most of the voters stand.

agree, especially considering they send so many other uninteresting emails.

looks like Struppeck’s terseness didn’t fly with the membership. I’m a little disappointed Casehart wasn’t elected - she seemed to put the most thought into her responses.

1 Like

Casehart has <6 years experience in the industry - impressive she was so close despite of that. Sandy has a little bit more experience, didn’t think she would have such an impressive showing in the vote totals.