2022 NFL Football Thread

The Argonauts are the Dallas Cowboys of the CFL - I don’t think any NFL team would be profitable in that market.

I watched the entire MIN-BUF game. I told my friend that it was even more ridiculous than the ATL-CAR game 2 weeks ago. He had trouble believing that. Part of it is because these teams are actually good teams.

The Jays, Raptors and Maple Leafs are very successful as they play in leagues that Canadians would view as “world class”. The NFL would be viewed the same way.

As much as I enjoy watching the CFL it has degenerated into a “B league” relative to the NFL over the last 50 years. Whereas I am willing to pay $x to go to a BC Lions game, I would spend $2x for a Seahawks game.

I expect a Toronto NFL franchise would sell out every game because it would be viewed as world class. However I think there would be major pushback from taxpayers on any of their dollars going to a new billion $ stadium for a Toronto NFL team. And of course there is the thorny issue of the NFL encroaching on a CFL city.

The Argonauts have used that name continuously since 1873 so I would hope their name would be adopted by any Toronto NFL club that replaces them.

1 Like

This just in: the NFL app still sucks.

The NFC East may be the first to accomplish this!

The AFC East is on pace too.

I doubt either division does it over the full 17 but man that would be impressive.

It is of course a long shot. I seem to recall a few seasons ago that the NFC West was on the cusp of having four winning teams but faltered at the end.

The reason I picked the NFC East this year for three possible WC’s is that the quality of the teams in the other divisions seems to be low below the division leaders.

Wasn’t there a season where they had four losing teams?

And still managed to win a playoff game

#BeastMode

1 Like

That was just 2 seasons ago, Washington won the division at 7-9 because the Eagles decided to tank and stuck in their 3rd string QB in the final game. Had Washington lost, there would have been 3 teams tied at 6-10 and the Giants would have won the tiebreakers.

1 Like

forgot that, but I was thinking about the NFC West

NFC West had four losing teams in 2010 but in 2013 the NFC West may have been the most dominant division in NFL history. Interesting to see the cycles in divisional strength.

1 Like

Definitely impressive victory by the Redskins. (intentional)

*It is now “easier” to have all teams in a division with a winning record due to the 17-game season. 9-7 is tougher than 9-8.

3 Likes

And going undefeated is even tougher than ever, to the delight of Miami Mammals fans.

The Browns-Bills game this Sunday may be even crazier if this weather forecast is anywhere near accurate.

1 Like

NFL Circle of Parity is complete for 2022!

ELI5

How do you determine the best NFL team? Just start from the top:

• The Texans beat the Jaguars 13-6 in Week 5,
  • The Jaguars beat the Colts 24-0 in Week 2,
  • The Colts beat the Broncos 12-9 in Week 5,

… and so on and so on, until you get to the end, where

• The Raiders beat the Texans 38-20 in Week 7

So you can show a complete “circle of parity” by using each team once to complete the circle of the NFL!

4 Likes

Is it known which year has the shortest number of weeks to complete?

Also which years is it impossible? Obviously 1972 and any year a team goes 0-X. But even in years when every team has at least one win and one loss it could still be impossible.