2022 NFL Football Thread

Well, that’s <beep>ing good to know!

Whoa - is there a truck backing up?

2 Likes

So that sound is not the truck backing up. It’s because truck drivers swear a lot.

2 Likes

Were I a truck driver, I’d definitely create a standard phrase that goes perfectly with the beeps.
Heck, my car beeps inside the car when I back up, but that’s because it’s a six-speed, and the car company wants to remind me of this in case I think I’m in first. it beeps too fast.

Mine does, too, but it’s a Prius and it has no speed.

That second part is not actually true.
The kind police officer I met can attest to that.

In the priii I’ve driven, there doesn’t seem to be any other way to warn the driver that you are in any which gear. Got a one in three chance of being right (I haven’t figured out how to put it in neutral).

Just slide it to the left

You know, there is no further reason for N in a Prius. In Drive, the braking system charges the battery when you stop pressing the accelerator going downhill.
You ever go down a long (miles-long) slope in cruise control, only to have the battery get too full, and a funky smell starts to waft, because something is burning

What is the “B” on the stick shift?

blast off

Barking

Engine braking - recharges the batteries…also causes the engine to bark.

My wife blamed me for that.

RNG’s noxious fumes aside…
Back to the NFL World.

Don’t all of these “joint practices” end this way?

1 Like

All the ones we hear about. The ones that go fine we never hear about.

1 Like

Probably a wiki page: “NFL Football Joint Practices that went off without a hitch.”

Here’s an entry:
“1936 Bears vs Packers. Bronco Nagurski clotheslines Don Hutson, but picked him up and apologized and bought a round of beers afterward.”

You have to go THAT FAR BACK.

1 Like

Belichick has not named an OC. Word on a possible financial motive to not name either Patricia or Judge as OC: their prior teams have to keep paying them

It is totally financially motivated. Thry did the same w advisor bret bielema (and he got sued for it).