2022 GoActuary Kirk Cousins Stinks NFL Full Season Pick’em Contest

Going into the night game, I’m surprised that there’s no MNF double header tomorrow. It looks like they moved that to next week. :man_shrugging:

Regardless, barring any unforeseen circumstances, we have a week one winner.

Buccaneers, [Broncos, Seahawks] - @Funemployed; Runner up: @Grizz
Cowboys, [Broncos, Seahawks] - @Funemployed

In other news, misery loves company, so there will be no Wk 1 Lion’s Share Award.

2 Likes

one for three…or, two for three, if you prefer.

Here are the results for week 1:

No. Player
 2  Funemployed          11-4-1
 6  Grizz                11-4-1
 4  OutdoormanNowActuary  9-6-1
 5  PatientZombie         9-6-1
 7  A695814               9-6-1
 9  Kid_Rock              9-6-1
12  redearedslider        9-6-1
16  twig93                9-6-1
17  SteveWhite            9-6-1
20  IPD                   9-6-1
99  zConsensus            9-6-1
 3  Mountainhawk          8-7-1
 8  Ezekial_Cumberland    8-7-1
10  Vorian_Atreides       8-7-1
11  Carrie’s Carebears    8-7-1
13  ldancer911            8-7-1
15  TheArbitrary          8-7-1
18  JudgeSmails           8-7-1
19  Jahiegel              7-8-1
 1  UltimateAnyone        6-9-1
14  3rookie               6-9-1
98  zAll Home Teams       6-9-1

Congratulations to @Funemployed. You managed to put up an impressive 11-4-1 record. For your prescience you have received the You’re Gonna’ Like the Pick You Made…I Guarantee It award: you may guarantee one matchup from Week 18 as a win.

The default will be to guarantee your Week 18 Jaguars over Titans pick. You may reject the default by posting your wishes in this thread, sending a pm to @1695814, or sending an email to actuary1695814 [at] gmail. If you choose to go your own way on this award, you must make your wishes known before kickoff of the coming Thursday game. Otherwise, the default will stand as your choice.

But wait – that’s not all! You, along with @Grizz, have also won the Change one future pick award: You may change one of your future picks. Use for any future week, but declare it before the kickoff of the game it affects. This award expires at the end of the season.

1 Like

Glad I got the tie-breaker… *phew*

4 Likes

Late addition of the zTeams.

COFP – Week 2: Change Cowboys to Bengals

what he said

QUOTED & NOTED.

I would also like to COFP: Week 2 change Cowboys to Bengals

nOTED

Also, Noted.

Going into SNF, there’s a MNF DH, so assuming the Packers don’t blow a 17 point lead (that would never happen in the NFL, right?) here are this week’s winning & losing scenarios (VALSA = VA’s Lion’s Share Award):

Titans, Vikings - @ldancer911; Runner up: @3rookie; VALSA: @IPD
Titans, Eagles - @ldancer911; VALSA: @redearedslider
Bills, Vikings - @3rookie; VALSA: @IPD
Bills, Eagles - @OutdoormanNowActuary; Runners up: A695814, @twig93; VALSA: @IPD

I am at least happy that I didn’t COFP to the Bungels.

1 Like

Oh yay i was mentioned in a sunday night post. I know what that means!!

Oh… so theres a new award…for losers???

2 Likes

Question: Does “must” mean that if you don’t use it the following week it expires? Or does it obligate the “winner” to change a pick the following week? Like if I win the VALSA award but I like all of my picks the following week and don’t wish to change any, am I required or merely permitted to change one of them?

Also, is there a VALSA award for Week 18? Assuming no, but just curious.

None of the other COFP are required to be used; they just expire after the last game of the season starts.

I don’t see the VALSA being any different except for the expiration date of the award.

That’s my thinking too, but the description left it a bit vague IMO.

Yes, it expires. No, you are never obligated to use an award…except non-negative awards where, if you don’t make the choice, a choice will be made for you…kind of like dying without a will in place, amirite, Prince?

Try this on for size:

1 Like

That works, or refer to it expiring the following week. Either way.