2022 Exam 9 Progress Thread

Spring schedule is out:

1 Like

Unacceptable

Hi everyone - just found out I passed 8 so last exam for me before FCAS! Super excited to hopefully be done. Seems like TIA is a pass for this one and RF/CF + CC is the way to go right? I used the RF/CF combo for exam 7 and really like it. Didn’t love CC for 8 but I know for 9 it’s highly recommended. Thanks!

RF + CC + luck

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more on the luck piece!

Congrats on the pass! but yeah I’m using RF/CF and actual source papers to study for this sitting of 9

I just found out I passed 8 too. And on to 9 for FCAS.

I’m using TIA plus RF. TIA isn’t perfect but it does the job - I listen to the videos on the road. I absolutely loved RF for 7 and 8.

I’m going to use RF and CC. It’s what I used last sitting and I got a 5, so I think I’m almost there.

Do you know what CF offers in addition to RF? I’m cautious of getting RF/CF since it’s so costly and my company’s exam budget won’t cover it all.

Hmm I guess I am joining the need part 9 for fcas club….

CF is the videos and study manual. RF is the problems. I wouldn’t buy CF alone (not sure if you can, actually) unless you have a problem bank somewhere because you won’t have enough practice problems.

congratz and same here! last one as 9 [finger-crossed]

1 Like

I used TIA + RF + CC, I would say RF > TIA > CC. TIA is not great, but good enough to let you pass. Plus, 9 probably is the easiest among 7-9.

I must be blind, but I can’t see a link to study kit on CAS exam 9 website. Yet there are "SK"s shown on syllabus. Where do I buy them? CAS please take my money

The study kits often come out later than the syllabus unfortunately. We’ll probably see something in the new year and when they’re released, they’ll be in the Order Study Materials section.

I see

Passed Exam 8!

Onto Exam 9. Planning on using RF/CF, which was great for Exam 7.

Lets go!

1 Like

bing bong

1 Like

Checking in for my 4th attempt. Ugh.

I hear you. Number 3 for me. Especially disappointing when the pass rate was so high last sitting.