2022-23 NBA Basketball Thread

Right after Kyrie opted in. :rofl:

Gobert off to MN. Jazz are building for the future it seems. Hope Mitchell can stay at the top of his game long enough for the coach and all their 1st round draft choices over the next few years to mature into a great team.

Now they are saying Utah is looking to deal Mitchell.

Danny Ainge should have stuck with baseball.

And “they” said Chet Holmgren was not durable enough to be an NBA star… well “they” might be right

Ime Udoka got suspended.

I haven’t seen all the details but is sounds like he F—d around, literally, and found out.

Internet rumor is it was with Kathleen Lynch - Team Services Manager (so subordinate) along with apparently being the wife of Patrick Lynch - Celtics SVP of Finance and Team Controller.

Good news on the Scorebug front:

https://twitter.com/506sports/status/1577318320927346688?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^embeddedtimeline|twterm^screen-name%3A506sports|twcon^s1

So we can tell which stupid-ass teams in their third-color jerseys is which.

And the Warriors have begun an investigation into how the video was leaked.

Because that’s always more important than the incident.

2 Likes

I didn’t even realize the NBA started yesterday. Seems like the Poole-Draymond spat didn’t affect the champs on G1.

Alright season starts!
Wake me when the playoffs begin.

Enjoyed this poster on the anniversary today of the first game between Toronto and New York.

An article on the Jazz from 10/21 about how they are going to tank for the possibility of drafting one of the once in a century guys coming into the league in the next draft.

That article hasn’t aged well so far.

Nash out in Brooklyn

Great players don’t always make great coaches and Brooklyn would be a challenge anyway with the personalities involved.

Who would want the Nets job? Kyrie is not a guy to hang your coaching on and not sure KD is either. You can’t just make a guy want to play D. Never can understand when you look at the Lakers or Nets and not see train wrecks. The pundits kept over projecting these teams. Bucks and Celts are top, Sixers, Heat, Bulls all have talent and Cavs and Raptors are tough. Nets might make play in again. Don’t think Lakers can even do that….and it ain’t all Russel’s fault.

I heard at lunch today that they may be offering the Nets job to the Celtics coach, Ime Udoka, who (allegedly) slept with a coworkers wife.

1 Like

I would put the Cavs and Raptors in the same group as Sixers et al. Both have improved over last year and could finish in the top four in the East. Unlike the Nets they have good team chemistry.

It was with a subordinate, not coworkers wife. (allegedly and all that).

According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, an independent law firm hired by the Celtics to investigate the alleged affair between former head coach Udoka, 45, and a staff member was completed early last week.

The firm found that Udoka “used crude language in his dialogue” with the female subordinate “prior to the start of” their alleged affair, per Wojnarowski.

Additionally, they found that Udoka had used language that was “especially concerning coming from a workplace superior.”

Ime Udoka ‘Used Crude Language’ with Staffer Before Alleged Affair: Report (people.com)