2021 NFL Football Thread

Denver initiated a bond initiative just to get the naming rights for their stadium when a potential company was going to not maintain “Mile High” in the name. The company compromised: The field that the game is played on will have the company name, but the stadium remains “Mile High Stadium”.

Invesco Field at Mile High was the first.

Now it’s Empower Field at Mile High.

Note that “Mile High Stadium” was the former location, which has been torn down and is now parking space for the current stadium and near by Ball Arena (NBA and indoor concert venue)

Meyer using one-on-one competitions, eventually to determine cuts. In college, he did it to determine playing time, says he’s a non-fan of subjectivity.

I’m planning to be in attendance at the Ram-Charger exhibition match in Inglewood on Saturday night. Wish me luck, that I don’t die of boredom (or, eventually, COVID). I’ll probably spend most of the time exploring the stadium, whatever parts I’m allowed. Or, maybe I’ll just sneak out and go play poker. I’ll be with family, so the latter will be nigh impossible.

1 Like

Ok. Review.
OMG, so fucking loud!
Between every LAC play.
Cheerleaders are coed, so equal exploiting?
Nice cushy states in the VIP section, though there is an even more exclusive wrist band section.
Free tix so no complaints. OK, not as many complaints.
Nice 7/11- style retail for beers and drinks.

2 Likes

Is that some sort of Dodge auto show?

That would also be boring.
Anywho, got out of there before the traffic got too heavy. We were staying nearby, so easy commute.
We were in a section next to another section that had tickets for $1000 each for the Seahawk game (12/19). So, probably about the same at this point in time. The guy who owns our seats had already sold his seats for that game. No matter. Better seat at home, and apparently there are Ram fans, in the plebe sections (hard plastic seats, separated by plexiglass from the elites in the cushy seats), willing to fight for some or any reason.

Lol, didn’t see that giant fight?

It has been making the rounds on the internet.

All started by some women escalating some chirping by tossing a beer on some dude that was walking away.
He had his back turned and assumed it was the dudes that he had just been arguing with.

:link:?

Also shows up on barstools Twitter account, but no one should look at that.

:toth:

Another angle from that fight.

Nah, I heard about it afterward, but as I said, we were in the civilized area. It is a huuuuge stadium.

The old dude that pushed the rams fan over with his feet made my chuckle a little but.

But seriously, that incident was over until she through that.

who f-ing does that? that lady just casually reached down, grabbed the soda with the lid on it, and tossed it into the scrum ? w-t-f is that? and then when the mayhem heats up, why do others waste their overpriced concessions by also throwing into the crowd?

It’s the end of an era in Jacksonville Jaguars history. Tim Tebow released.

Just 27 more to go!

It continues to amaze people, both in and out of football, that he’s just not NFL-level.

lol . . . and I did see someone with a Jag Tebow (#85) jersey this last weekend.

1 Like

Just watched Netflix’, Untold:Malice at the Palace. Put a bit of a new spin on it. Same type thing. Everything was over until someone threw a beer.

2 Likes

My SB prediction: Titans vs Packers
Titans win

2 Likes

Interesting study on being pinned down between the 10- and 1-yard lines:

These drives end up converting over half the time.
But failing here has a worse severity (opposing team will need only 50-60 yards to score) than otherwise. Might have to go one deeper to ask: what does the opposition do when they get the ball after a three-and-out performance by its defense?