2020 Presidential Transition Discussion

I’m much more concerned about Joe Biden’s mental health. He’s scheduled to be POTUS for the next 4 years. Trump is POTUS for only 30 more days.

All this pearl clutching about Trump’s mental health reminds me of 4 years ago when liberals were so afraid of Trump being near the button, and how he was going to start a war. History proved them to be very wrong.

That’s logic!

The real question I have for 2021 is whether Trumpkins get any less dumb when it’s no longer a winning position.

This is a reasonable criticism in my case. Trump wasn’t as bad as about my 85th percentile expectation from 4 years ago. My worst fears did not come to pass.

Just the bad ones.

1 Like

When the paperwork for lawsuits arrives with your attorney and you need to “clarify” the “news” you have been “reporting”…

1 Like

They’re part of the lamestream media now!!

More roadblocking just for shits and giggles.

Never mind that the country is worse off because of what they’re doing, it’s more important to screw with Biden’s presidency.

Also now literal road blocking. We might be shutting down the National Mall and portions of dc to deal with Trump terrorists during impeachment and inauguration.

Welcome to America. Please stay on the other side of the fence and don’t make any sudden moves.

on the ao fdsafdsa made a thread back in the days of innocence asking what if Trump loses the presidency and refuses to leave the white house, and in our innocence people were like, ya, he cannot do that.

HA!

He’ll leave. If he still had a Twitter account he would probably post something like, “Screw you guys, I’m going home!”

116 hours to go.

I mean, he really can’t. Several government officials have assured that they have ways of removing White House trespassers.

But I’m thinking he’s too proud to allow himself to be dragged out of the White House by an armed detail. I mean the DC police could literally throw him in jail at that point and I don’t think he wants that.

Of course the mere fact that we’re even seriously considering it as a possibility is just ludicrous.

I heard he was planning on leaving before noon Wednesday so he could still fly to maralago on air force one.

Makes sense. Stick it to the taxpayers right up to the bitter end. But that’s an expense I’m happy to cover my portion of. :wink:

Trump has requested a large sendoff to be planned for the morning of Jan. 20, sources said, after he choppers via Marine One to Joint Base Andrews, where he is expected to give remarks to supporters and departing members of his administration.

Sources add that Trump has requested his departure ceremony to have a “military-like feel,” although details are not finalized.

He hopes to depart to the blare of a military band, with a red carpet and military honors, according to sources briefed on the plans. Even some sort of military flyover has been suggested, they said.

Yeah I’d be happy to throw him a big going away party if he agreed not to come back.

Really hope they take away his pension via impeachment though.

So glad the Rs embody the fiscal responsibility they preach. :roll_eyes:

It’s fun to look at old prediction posts:
I think this will hold up:

I’m predicting he’ll arrange a hero’s send off for himself.

This isn’t so good:

he’ll be gone comfortably before the 20th.

And this, after 4 years, shows a depressing lack of understanding Trump

I think he is still hoping lightning strikes when congress counts the electoral votes on the 6th. Heck, a bunch of D House members could be too sick to make it to the capital.

More like he was hoping his mob would hang some Senators, but I was too blind to see that.

Intersting/scary thought. The first briefing Joe Biden has on anything to do with governing the country will be the first briefing given to the President of the United States on anything except the election since before the election.

I better change my username to Cassandra because I ****ing nailed it, apparently.

Nov '20

I think the current SCOTUS (including the Trump picks) is Just. If they don’t uphold democracy, nobody will. I trust the military, the legislative branch, and the people themselves far less.

That said I don’t think it’s paranoid to worry. He’s never been a very effective or motivated monster, but plenty of real people are willing to follow him to hell.

I think the USA is as closest it’s been to failing at Democracy, in the last 100 years. That said, I think the US Democracy has been very stable for 100 years, and I don’t expect us to fail now.

I do think there’s a decent chance this will culminate in riots and terrorism, both of which are pretty common in our history.