2020 Fall Exam 8 thread

Starting the exam 8 thread here for us the lucky guys.

Good luck to all of you, and now you have this thread ready to use on Dec 10.

1 Like

Where is my exam 8 gang? I can’t be the only one here.

I’m feeling oddly OK for having studied a total of 3 days… i’m counting on my memory from last year to tide me over

I’m being insane and double-sitting this time. I didn’t pass 8 last fall, so at least I have a little bit of a head start. We’ll see though…

I’m in the exact same shoes jooni…

who’s in the F5 crew today?

1,000 posts by exam results!

Here’s my contribution:

Crickets in here for real. I wonder if even 100 people sat for this.

another 5…ugh. Not too surprised to be honest, but thought I had an outside chance at a 6.

same here…I thought I did well enough this time

I hope they do publish the % of candidates that pass and pass mark. I know it’s not going to change anything but just for my own knowledge I’d be curious to gauge what the feel for general difficulty was

I’m guessing if we see that, it won’t be for several weeks. The stats would generally be released around the same time as the examiner reports, which would trail the actual results by a couple weeks.

I got another 4. My first attempt was 2018. I felt much better walking out of the exam this time than I did in 2018, so I’m a little bummed to have the same result.

Now I’m scared

I think I recall the 2018 and 2019 examiner reports saying that the passmark was adjusted lower due to candidates not finishing the exam. Perhaps there was not such a adjustment this time, because I can’t imagine I only got three or four more points than my last attempt, where I got a four.