2020-21 English Premier League discussion

Spurs’ next six games are all against teams with .500 or better records including Liverpool, Chelsea and LEI: should be an interesting stretch. Fortunately Fulham plays Spurs after that.

Through mostly 9 matches.

Place: Contestant: Points: Change: Tiebreaker 1: Tiebreaker 2: Tiebreaker 3: Tiebreaker 4:
1 Cho Da 40 U1
2 furiouslugaw 42 U1 Liverpool
3 greenman 42 D2 Manchester City
4 Minnesotah 44 U4 Liverpool
5 538 44 D1 Manchester City
6 Cooke 45 U4 Liverpool
7 Jaspatluc 45 D1 Manchester City
8 Kid Rock 46 U1 Liverpool
9 ggwolverines 46 D4 Manchester City Liverpool Chelsea Tottenham Hotspur
10 Jahiegel 46 D3 Manchester City Liverpool Chelsea Manchester United
11 Abelian Grape 47 U0
12 Traina 50 U1 Chelsea
13 ActuarialFun 50 D1 Manchester City
14 Dr T Non-Fan 53 U0
15 ImPrettyDumb 58 U0

Are vivi and wat both goners?

I need their cushion to avoid relegation!

Stunning match, SOU-MUN.

Liverpool got hosed. The penalty was so poor, but the league has officially changed its name to the English Penalty League. Two disallowed goals that all Reds haters would agree were on point but not really. Did I mention the second penalty was a horrible call.

Waah.

I’m a big fan of the Jim Valvano speech. Every day, laugh, cry and think. Not a full day if I don’t cry a little.

Brexit gonna hit some people where it hurts the most: their football teams:

North London Derby on Peacock this morning, while two English League Women’s matches are airing on NBCSN.

NBC likes money, they did give us free Premier League for years, and then like half premier league games free after that with their Gold introduction. I go back and forth between being mad at this type of thing and being happy that we have it better than most people in England trying to watch these games.

In the WHU-MUN match yesterday, it looks as if MUN had the advantage playing in those uni’s against the white/black-striped stands.

Spurs beat Arsenal and stay in first: doubly sweet.

TOT still on top, by a hair.
Midweek matches this week! Six on TV.

Next midweek are EFL Q-F’s. That would have been perfect time for the three make-up matches, but the make-up matches each have a Q-F team. And two of those matches involve Aston Villa.
Probably could have squeezed in one more match here: Sat EPL matches, then Tues EPL midweek, then Fri EPL make-up, then Mon EPL, then Thu EFL Cup (Yeah, X-mas Eve, so have them in the morning.) Then Sun EPL post-Boxing Day.
A loss in FA cup by these teams would help, but this will be the year AVL make it to the final, messing everything up.

Oh, and no LIV fans will be complaining about VAR this past weekend.

The VAR wasn’t an issue for Liverpool this week. Both calls were made on field and upheld - Fabinho tackle, hand ball. The Fabinho tackle was a little tough to watch since ref going to monitor had only upheld field call one other time and he upheld own decision. If VAR didn’t exist, outcome would have been same. That’s different than prior issue.

Looked at the tackle and still got it wrong, twice. So, yeah, human error wins it!
The handball was obvious, though.
VAR is proving how much was missed in the past, and how much the players got away with, and I’m guessing a lot of it was due to the referees’ preferring a conservative approach of “If I call this, I had better be right, but if I don’t call it, I can simply claim that I didn’t see it,” combined with the players’ knowledge of this.
I’d like to see a study of a prior season’s matches to see how many potential game-changing mistakes there have been.

Anywho, should be a good match tomorrow, 1 vs 2.

We’ll see how we’re feeling after Arsenal claws back some points or continues to charge towards Championship.

Why are we this bad