20 Questions Game7

Also… “certain types” are in the kitchen. Electric corkscrew would be in the kitchen or not based on owners preference, not the type of device.

alarm clock? may be found in the kitchen. its a stretch to say its used to prepare food though. also its usually smart nowadays so shouldn’t have been an afterthought

Not necessarily. I have kitchen scales with screens that don’t tell time.

Why did we eliminate scale before?

Certain types are used in the kitchen for food prep and others aren’t.

I guess most are either not electronic at all or they use regular alkaline batteries though, so probably not scale. Argh!

Okay Lucy actually suspected both scale and timer. In retrospect, pretty good guesses.

I thought of alarm clock too but ruled it out on similar logic.

Sometimes used to prepare food/beverage and sometimes not is really throwing me for a loop.

I guess putting myself in the game master’s shoes, I might have said it’s used to prepare food as well - a timer that is.

electric scale is a guess i suppose.

electric thermometer perhaps

okay I’m 99% sure it’s a thermometer. but I won’t guess, because I don’t want to be in charge next lol

A thermometer has a screen? None of mine do. And tell time?

Fine, i guess a scale.

all the electronic thermometers have a screen. I don’t know of any that tell time, I imagine they’re out there.

Is this an official question?

Most thermometers run on batteries and few if any have clocks.

I think coffee maker might be the answer but not an official guess.

Water

Of yeah that rules that one out, never mind

Well he did say the majority do not tell time. I imagine he probably googled to see if any does tell time, and I imagine there are some that do tell time.

Just like there are blue tooth connectivity cooking thermometers, which I imagine he googled as well and thus changed his stance on it later with respect to “smart” thermometers.

And are they run on alkaline batteries? I thought most run on those round batteries, are those alkaline batteries as well? I don’t know much about batteries.

Yes, official

1. (JSM) Is it commonly found in the house? Yes
  2. (JSM) Is it commonly made out of wood? No
  3. (twig93) Does it spend 80% of its time in roughly the same place? Yes
  4. (JSM) Is at least 60% of it commonly made out of metal? Yes/No It depends on the type
  5. (Lucy) Is it a room? No
  6. (soyleche) Does it emit sound? Yes
  7. (Lucy) Does it use / is used with water? No
  8. (Lucy) Is it larger than a beagle? No
  9. (Lucy) Does it have a screen? Yes
  10. (Lucy) Is it a computer? No
  11. (JSM) Is it an electronic? Yes
  12. (Lucy) Is it a smart thermostat? No
  13. (JSM) Is it a smart home device? No
  14. (JSM) Does it tell time? Yes/No Fancier versions may have this ability, but I believe the majority do not.
  15. (Lucy) Is it a microwave oven? No
  16. (Soyleche) Is it powered by alkaline batteries (like your basic Duracells - AAA/AA/C/D/etc)? No
  17. (twig93) Is it typically found in the kitchen? Yes certain types are found in the kitchen
  18. (twig93) Is it used in the preparation of food/beverages? Yes, certain types are
  19. (Lucy) Is it a scale? No

To piggy back on 14, this also depends on the type as well.

Is it a thermometer, I am going in!!!

1. (JSM) Is it commonly found in the house? Yes
  2. (JSM) Is it commonly made out of wood? No
  3. (twig93) Does it spend 80% of its time in roughly the same place? Yes
  4. (JSM) Is at least 60% of it commonly made out of metal? Yes/No It depends on the type
  5. (Lucy) Is it a room? No
  6. (soyleche) Does it emit sound? Yes
  7. (Lucy) Does it use / is used with water? No
  8. (Lucy) Is it larger than a beagle? No
  9. (Lucy) Does it have a screen? Yes
  10. (Lucy) Is it a computer? No
  11. (JSM) Is it an electronic? Yes
  12. (Lucy) Is it a smart thermostat? No
  13. (JSM) Is it a smart home device? No
  14. (JSM) Does it tell time? Yes/No Fancier versions may have this ability, but I believe the majority do not.
  15. (Lucy) Is it a microwave oven? No
  16. (Soyleche) Is it powered by alkaline batteries (like your basic Duracells - AAA/AA/C/D/etc)? No
  17. (twig93) Is it typically found in the kitchen? Yes certain types are found in the kitchen
  18. (twig93) Is it used in the preparation of food/beverages? Yes, certain types are
  19. (Lucy) Is it a scale? No
  20. (JSM) Is it a thermometer? YES

To piggy back on 14, this also depends on the type as well.