20 Questions Game7

coffee makers ALWAYS use water.

True

Is it used in the preparation of food/beverages?

1. (JSM) Is it commonly found in the house? Yes
  2. (JSM) Is it commonly made out of wood? No
  3. (twig93) Does it spend 80% of its time in roughly the same place? Yes
  4. (JSM) Is at least 60% of it commonly made out of metal? Yes/No It depends on the type
  5. (Lucy) Is it a room? No
  6. (soyleche) Does it emit sound? Yes
  7. (Lucy) Does it use / is used with water? No
  8. (Lucy) Is it larger than a beagle? No
  9. (Lucy) Does it have a screen? Yes
  10. (Lucy) Is it a computer? No
  11. (JSM) Is it an electronic? Yes
  12. (Lucy) Is it a smart thermostat? No
  13. (JSM) Is it a smart home device? No
  14. (JSM) Does it tell time? Yes/No Fancier versions may have this ability, but I believe the majority do not.
  15. (Lucy) Is it a microwave oven? No
  16. (Soyleche) Is it powered by alkaline batteries (like your basic Duracells - AAA/AA/C/D/etc)? No
  17. (twig93) Is it typically found in the kitchen? Yes certain types are found in the kitchen
  18. (twig93) Is it used in the preparation of food/beverages? Yes, certain types are

To piggy back on 14, this also depends on the type as well.

I think it’s something you do have. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmm, not official, but I wonder if it’s a scale. None of my scales makes any noise, most of my scales are not electronic, some scales (the balance beam ones) are larger than a beagle, and some are powered by batteries. But it’s the sort of item people think about in different ways.

Or a timer. Most of those don’t use batteries. Of course, most don’t have a screen, either. In fact, these days, most are virtual, being an app on your cell phone, although I still use old spring-wound ones.

Belated RN.

If it uses electricity but not batteries then it’s got to be something that’s plugged into a wall outlet… unless I’m thinking about this wrong.

So something that plugs into the wall and is sometimes used in food preparation and sometimes not. Very interesting. What has certain types that are used in food prep and other types that aren’t and plugs into the wall???

Doesn’t use alkaline batteries. It can still use batteries, just not the typical AAA/AA/C/D/9-V

Hmmm, so maybe something that you plug in and charge for a bit and then use on the battery power.

So maybe like a tablet? I guess you could use that in cooking if you’re looking up recipes. But tablets pretty much all tell time.

We’ve only got two questions left. Would it be worth burning one to find out if it connects to the internet?

this is getting weird…unofficial: electric wine opener? not really used to prepare drink or food though

everything that connects to the internet tells time, not just “fancier versions”. So I don’t think so. If it connects to the internet, it’s only the fancier versions that do so.

Kerflufflles thinks I have one of this, whatever it is. There’s no way they expect me to own an electric wine opener.

anything that has a screen tells time, like a microwave, doesn’t necessarily connects to the internet though.

we know it’s not capable of being a smart home device, which might rule out a lot of internet thingies since almost everything internet can be a smart home device nowadays, especially ones found in the kitchen

then again, maybe the OP doesn’t know there are smart fridges and ovens and stoves out there.

The version of the item I have is not a smart device, but looking on Google, they do sell some that are.

Maybe I shouldn’t have selected such a vague item. :grimacing:

I thought of an electric corkscrew as well. It fits with only sometimes being in the kitchen.

But I’ve never seen one that tells time?!?!

Plus it always has a screen. I’ve never seen an electric corkscrew that has a screen.

I had one that had a screen. Tells you the battery level, don’t remember if it told time. It broke after 6 months lol.

welp, back to square 1.