20 Questions Game 19

I’ve never seen sushi larger than an orange.

We have curry all the time. Is that not common? It’s an easy thing to do with leftovers. we had curry for supper this evening, in fact. :slight_smile:

Good point!

I don’t think it’s as common in rural areas. I never had curry until I was in college and I still wouldn’t say I eat it commonly.

If I buy something from an Indian restaurant I don’t call it “curry”, I call it “chicken korma” or “beef vindaloo”. The stuff I call curry is what we make at home from leftovers, some chopped veggies, and “curry” spices.

:woman_shrugging:t4:

Is this an official question? Wanted to double check because with the commentary around it I wasn’t sure

Yes, official.

1. (Kat987) Is it alive? No
  2. (Lucy) Is it bigger than a breadbox? No
  3. (YankeeTripper) Is it mobile? No (3)
  4. (Lucy) Is it commonly found in a home? Yes (4)
  5. (Twig) Does it use electricity? No
  6. (JSM) Is it smaller than an orange? Not usually
  7. (Twig) Do the majority of homes in North America have this item? No
  8. (Lucy) Is it something you might intentionally eat or drink? Yes
  9. (Kat987) Does this item require multiple ingredients to make? Yes
  10. (JSM) Do white people commonly eat/drink this? No (10)
  11. (Twig) is it a beverage? No
  12. (Lucy) is it a type of food that you’d expect most of us, who are guessing, have eaten? Yes
  13. (Kat).If this item is on a restaurant’s menu, would we see it listed for dinner? Yes
  14. (Soy) is it vegetarian? Not usually
  15. (JSM) do you typically eat this with a fork? Yes
  16. (Twig) is the item generally considered to be foreign? Yes
  17. (Twig) is it Indian? No

3 Such that a person/car/animal is mobile, but an ASM Study Manual is not mobile
4 Using the Given we are talking about item prior, would it be common to find it in a home definition
10 I answered this the following way: If I asked a random white person if they commonly ate/drank this, would more than 30% of randomly asked white people answer this question with a yes?

what…

you eat indian with your hands!!!

well not in the US

though if we go by that rule, we can’t rule out most asian foods either. Even though they’re eaten by chopsticks traditionally

Well, spoon and chopsticks. Chopsticks for the meat, veggies, and noodles… spoon for the broth.

I guess I was thinking of western utensils when I wrote that. No fork at any rate.

Dumb question: do you eat tamales with a fork? So many Mexican foods have crossed over, but tamales is one that is so labor intensive that it hasn’t to the same extent as tacos, burritos, enchiladas…

i think it may be ramen or pho. americans definitely use forks to eat them

We made tamales yesterday. We ate them with a fork.

1 Like

Oh and yeah tamales are labor intensive. Including going to the Mexican market to find lard which isn’t carried in our local supermarkets any more. Really was a 2 day process to make the filling, stuff them and then steam for 2.5 hours. But they were very good and we should get 3 dinners out of it,

There was no disclaimer on the fork question. I would be a little grumpy if it was ramen since that’s not how it’s traditionally served, plus a great many Americans do actually use chopsticks.

I have never seen anyone eat ramen with a fork before. :woman_shrugging:

Debating between asking if it’s from the Americas or if it’s Asian. Leaning towards Americas because of fork question.

I’m thinking a guy named Mayan is probably going in the Central American range on food. So I thought menudo originally but that more specialty Sunday brunch than dinner. For less common dinner tamales, enchiladas, moles, papusas could all be possible.

actually pho or ramen would most definitely be larger than an orange…