1/6 Select Committee

The more MTGs that get into Congress, the more likely that one of them succeeds Mitch McConnell as Majority/Minority Leader. Best to try to get the best possible people into Congress. The partisanship isn’t going to improve if we keep electing hyper-partisans.

I think the hope is we only need to hold off the cult in 24 and things can settle back towards normal.

It was mostly Pence, and completely up to Trump who he chooses as his running mate next time.

Maybe by then the 2020 playbook has been destroyed. But they know where to look for weak links

I want to 100% agree to this, but fall well short.

Imagine the crew that comes with him next time. He will find the people.

1 Like

The guy that attacked the FBI office in Cincy was a 1/6 insurrectionist

1 Like

NO!!!

And he’s dead now

FAAFO

Really? I hadn’t seen that. From being shot?

Apparently. Seems there was a standoff with agents, perhaps beside a cornfield based on video

I remember my wife saying to me after Trump lost the 2020 election:

“Thank goodness! We soon won’t have daily news stories about Donald Trump from now on….”

3 Likes

Right. The first time he had no idea how many people he could appoint. When they gave him the number he probably thought “lots of wasted salaries, I’ll get along with half that”. And, since he didn’t know the nuts and bolts, he took recommendations for “people who know their way around DC and can really help you navigate”.

This time he will be far brighter. He knows that the only quality he cares about is loyalty. He is very transaction oriented. “I’ll put you in this EPA post and you can do anything you want with it except that occasionally you’ll have to carry some water for me.” He can find plenty of people who will take that deal.

More info on the guy being shot:

After he left the Cincinnati FBI office (which is actually in a northeastern suburb called Kenwood) he got on nearby Interstate 71 North.

I-71 connects Cincinnati and Columbus (and continues up to Cleveland). Dude is from Columbus so maybe he was heading home. Just a guess.

Columbus appears to also have an FBI office. No clue why he drove 90 miles further to get to the Cincinnati office.

Anywho, there’s not a ton between the Cinci suburbs and the C-bus suburbs other than farmland and an outlet mall. It seems Ohio State Highway Patrol apprehended him in the rural area between the two cities.

I just saw the pictures from ap news. I know exactly where that is.

1 Like

Where exactly is it? I’ve driven that stretch of 71 so many times so I’m curious.

ETA: I’m seeing Clinton County. So not that far from Kenwood, really. Maybe about 30 miles.

The AP had pictures of blocking off 73 right at the big flea market on the right side of the 71. 73 going west goes into Waynesville and Springboro. 73 going east goes into Wilmington. Your linked article states he was chased through Wilmington. I had multiple clients in the Wilmington area as well as Martinsburg and New Vienna. The AP photos are from road blocks on roads north and west of 71, the other side of 71 from Wilmington. I haven’t seen any more photos, reporting than that. I have driven on almost all of those roads in that area and I use that 73 exit to go to my son’s house.

1 Like

Their commercials I put the Fox.s…nooze together.

Yeah, I know where 73 & I-71 meet. To get from Oxford to Columbus I’d take 73 to to 71. That was back when I was in college, but still.

And of course growing up in Cinci with family in C-bus I’ve driven past it on I-71 a gazillion times.

One of my friends who lives near Kenwood, but north, mentioned getting stuck in killer traffic on I-71 this afternoon. Sounds like they shut it down completely in Wilmington, but this was more like Montgomery, I believe.

1/6 Committee has been holding hearings again today and are currently on break. Reportedly they will hold a vote later today to subpoena Trump for the committee. That part is likely just theater at this point, as he likely will refuse to cooperate.

It might not just be theater. Sometimes with legal matters you have to go through the process even if the outcome is nearly certain.