You can now add a signature to your posts

re: Sig lines.
Something odd is going on and I don’t know what. Currently it seems like we’ve got inconsistent inputs here, like sometimes we see the gif, sometimes not.
No idea what’s going on, but I’m aware and will look into this in detail soon (like today/tomorrow probably).

:swear: Yes, I want my future [strike]victims[/strike] prospects to see my hot sig photo. But it’s important they knew it’s me. Now I see the link (but not the image) is in thetermguy’s sig. No attribution. Is that plagiarism? Should we ask the IFoA?

thetermguy’s sig, for prosterity:

A way to strikethrough text would also be a good feature.

I ran into some problems pasting text into the box for the signature. For some reason the “Paste” wouldn’t stick. There was an option for “Paste and Match Style” when I right clicked, and that ended up working.

I’m on a Mac, if that matters - and maybe the issue is somehow localized to my machine. Probably not much that could be done about it anyway - just wanted to let you know.

I suspect that’s mac specific. I’ve had no problems pasting.

Update on images in signatures - we’re actively working on it.

They seemed to be working sometimes, then stopped. I’ve tinkered with it, it’s now been kicked over to my dev to investigate.

…And now resolved, updated my first post in this thread to provide the solution.

Are you sure it works? I trusted you and adjusted my sig, but is it showing up?

Screen shot of my sig in my profile:

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 10.59.34 AM

and of my post here as it appears to me

I don’t see the gif in your signature, FWIW.

See my sig.

Maybe the problem is that I only stored the animated gif on the AO? Did you (thetermguy) store it on GoActuary, or do I need to link to the AO?

Either should work. But use the copy here since the one on the ao will be going away.

OK, it works in yours. What is wrong with mine? I included a screenshot of what my profile says.

No screenshot is visible.

Paste this in, then remove the space before the IMG:
< IMG src=Https://www.goactuary.com/goofygopher.gif>

The screenshots are in post 25 of this thread. If you can’t see those, you’re not even in contention for best eyes on the internet.

BTW, on the AO for a long time the_mole was a shared id. I would trust you with the password here, temporarily, if necessary.

Working now. Something funny in your signature not being read correctly. I typed it in manually, and it works.

:kiss:

Yep! I see it now too on both my mobile and my PC

me too!