Worldle / WhereTaken / WhenTaken

#Worldle #267 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

Also got all three bonus games correct (neighbors, capital, flag). I think I would have gotten the main game correct (I was already close), but wife saw the map and predicted it in 1.

I’ve played it every day recently. Didn’t solve it yesterday. (Sort of thought I had failed 2 days in a row, but since I posted solving 265 and this is 267 maybe I failed only 1.)

#Worldle #269 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_right:

Not I, today. Guess 5 within 500 miles, but guess 6 wasn’t.

Got today’s in 5. Here is the image, from the app

spoilertext

What’s noteworthy is that I got it in 5 from the web version, and IMO the web version picture was significantly different. Not significant in a way that would be easier or harder for me, but maybe for some. Even for me, the app might have been easier. Will post the web version next.

spoilertext

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 10.21.12 AM

The web version. Doesn’t include the offshore islands. That could be significant if the player realized those were islands and that the country couldn’t be landlocked.

Embarrassed that I missed Turks and Caicos on the web version yesterday (possibly I’m getting web and app reversed about T&C), even though I’ve been there several times and even though I missed it only a few weeks ago on the app. My wife recognized it, at the time, from the app but then not yesterday from the web. So now I wonder if my wife’s recognition ability was different or if the images were different enough that something in the web version didn’t click.

Got the country right in the web-based version in 3. Was sort of surprised it took 3, because I felt sure I had seen the country before in Worldly. Maybe it was in the app version when the counties were different. I was sort of hoping to get it in 1, but all I really remembered was a good idea of where it was, and guessed 2 nearby countries first.

Also played to bonus rounds. Got 3 neighbors in 4 guesses, then the capital and flag on first guess. Aghast that I was drawing blanks on the capital, but in scrolling through the cities list I got it.

There is another wordle thread. This one with over 5,200 posts:

https://community.goactuary.com/t/wordle/4959/5236

Yes, I post in that one almost every day. Totally different game. That thread is for the word game Wordle. This is for the map game Worldle.

My bad

Should have been in good shape today, when guess 4 was off only 93 miles. Alas, my knowledge of geography is so bad that guess 5 and guess 6 were each off by over 2000 miles.

So I decided to look at the app and if the map was slightly different (as they have been at times recently) claim it was the lousy map (a totally bogus claim since differences have been pretty slight). To my surprise, it was a drastically different map, couldn’t be the same country. Missed that one too, but guess 4 and guess 6 were each between 200 and 250 miles away, and I’m sure that I would have gotten it in my next 3 guesses (whereas the web version, it might have taken far more.)

So I guess I’ll go back to checking both versions every day to see if there are two different games.

For the web version, got the country in 1. Went to the app, different country. App got it in 4, with the feeling as I went (not based on seeing the map) that maybe I got it because I had seen it in the web version recently.

#Worldle #275 1/6 (100%)
:star::star::star:

In 3 today. Maybe should have been faster. Wife got it in 1.

#Worldle #277 5/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:

#Worldle #279 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:

Flabbergasted when guess 3 was right. Guess 1 and 2 were so ridiculously wrong that I was just hoping to get in the right general area. Didn’t even expect to be close, but maybe would give me enough info that guess 4 would be close with a chance of being right by 6.

#Worldle #281 5/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:

#Worldle #284 1/6 (100%)

An easy one for me, after two days of 6 misses.

Back at 1 guess being my modal result with 10.

That’s almost me. I have no other result as high as 10.

Another day of 6 misses. But on the bright side: each guess was closer than the one before, and ended within 200 miles.

#Worldle #285 X/6 (99%)
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right: