Winter solstice

My plan is just to not go outside at all today

3 Likes

Local news where I am is full of tips on how to survive the cold weather.

Forecast high temperature tomorrow: 32ºF

The local news is having “fun” (and probably generating ratings) by showing footage from snowier places. (The image currently on screen has a nice ski lift in it…)

(I’ve also noticed that, even though they seem to cover national news, apparently coverage of the “brutal cold” is taking up so much time for this extremely red region, that they haven’t had time to mention the January 6th report having been released.)

There’s also this one:
https://twitter.com/shaoercap/status/1606294908469272576

Sports guy doing weather

3 Likes

Same.

Same here. Ice storm overnight so nobody is going anywhere today. Good news is it should warm up a bit today so maybe it will just melt everything.

-10 when i left the house for the office. up to -5 now. gonna peak all the way at…0? (perhaps only at -0?)

tuesday is the break. up to 26.

2 Likes

The 2 dogs where I’m visiting went out enthusiastically and came right back in with horror. younger dog was so cute getting all excited about the white fluffy stuff outside. he lasted about 60 seconds. older dog howled at the wind for a little longer, but also didn’t last that long.

(I’ll just respond to this in the correct thread, not in CS’s copycat thread.)

Balmy 73 in Cabo right now; Coco is loving it!

2 Likes

It’s up to 7 degrees here. TIME TO GET OUT THE SUNBLOCK!

Pretty blizzardy here right now. I broke out the snowblower this morning, gonna leave whats there for the morning now. Highways all have accidents with dozens of vehicles. Figure ill have a leisurely workout tonite, watch a movie and maybe look out the window.
Good news, this should mean ice conditions will be ice fishing ready soon.

my apartment building had an issue with the heat and they had to turn it off for “emergency repairs”. it’s currently 11 degrees in nyc. good luck to the bitch upstairs not freezing to death. glad i’m not there currently.

My friend (im in minnesota) posted an identical type photo of her husky yesterday. Thing was just chilling on the patio in 6 inches of snow in -5 degrees. Happy as can be.

1 Like

I think the electricity went out again. Dont feel like getting out of bed to find out though.

Just came back. Alexa goes out and then yells at me when the electricity comes back on.

This keeps happening

Currently 7° but a high of 24° today. The winds have died down and the sun is out in Kansas.

Electricty is out again

On again

:joy:

I’m in Cincinnati at the moment. Yesterday the high was 3. Today the high is a balmy 15.

Driving last night when it was about -2 and the interstates were still covered in snow because apparently they don’t bother to even plow the roads if they can’t salt. (Which… there’s still value in plowing, but whatever.)

An idiot in an SUV (which presumably gave him a false sense of security) went speeding past me… I was doing about 35 and he was probably going about 55, which is the speed limit… you know, when the road is NOT covered with three inches of snow. He spun around and was going backwards up I-75 North at 55 mph for a bit with his headlights shining in my face. Finally slowed down a bit and seemingly regained control of his vehicle as he backed off to the side of the Highway and started to turn his vehicle around. His car at this point has spun 270 degrees from when he initially passed me. I gave him an incredibly wide berth, but he apparently slammed on the accelerator and then re-lost control and nearly t-boned me as I was passing him. I really thought he was going to hit me… his front bumper could not have been more than an inch from my car and about 6 inches from my face.

People are so dumb.

Most canadian day ever. Theyve pulled the snowplows off the road locally due to weather. Spouse needs tea so off i go to tim hortons. Four wheel drive isnt working in the truck, probably a fuse and im not sitting outside checking it today. Get through the drive through, had to stop and give buddy a boost in the parking lot.

2 Likes