Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

I dunno about the Nazis, but there was some real research that the Japanese did that involved torturing prisoners. And that remains some basic research that people refer to.

It was wrong. But ignoring the data is also wrong.

1 Like

Yup.
There is so much hypocrisy, idiocy and dishonesty to mock wrt to organized religions that hearing some dolt act like the one aborted fetus contributing the vaccines morally wrong really is barely a joke worth laughing at.

Nazis caused cancer, too!!!
Maybe now the evangelicals will stop supporting them.

Okay, no more thread jack.

Didn’t a lot of the inhumane experiments the Nazis did contribute a lot to psychological and medical advancements?

I wonder how much you can trust the integrity of the data. Like a fundamental part of science is repeatability which is obviously an issue.

let’s take this out of the vaccine discussion. Patience started a new topic, here:

1 Like

hfbb.

1 Like

To be fair, the pope has endorsed the use of all these vaccines. I think this is more a case of people who already didn’t want to take a vaccine looking for excuses to support that position than a well-reasoned moral argument against taking them.

4 Likes

Honestly, TIL.

Honestly, same.

yes, I know. these same people were ignoring the existence of this virus in the first place as either a hoax or it only effects old people, so they don’t care. they ignored social distancing and mask rules. they don’t particularly care about humanity.

1 Like

I am perhaps a little softer on those refusing to take the vaccine because of moral considerations. I am sure some are knee-jerk reactions to link to abortion. If they want to refuse, that’s OK. I would hope they consider if the rest of the actions they are taking are the same level of disconnect from an evil act, which I think would be difficult to do in the modern world. If they are consistent that’s probably better than a lot of folks.

In particular, they have to consider if their actions would likely transmit COVID to someone else. Refusing to take the vaccine for moral reasons and not masking and not maintaining social distancing or not having a high degree of self-isolation during the pandemic is wrong.

I would be interested to learn if any of the people who refuse to take a vaccine because its development used cells from an abortion performed many years ago also refuse to buy or rent property that was stolen from the indigenous peoples.

1 Like

…or would refuse, during a famine, to buy food from their brother (who’s sitting on stockpiles of food) whom they sold into slavery a number of years prior.

3 Likes

I’d be interested in whether COVID politics pushes people to be more religiously anti-vaccine than they were previously.

I think most? all? vaccines are developed with the help of fetal cell lines. And probably most people didn’t know or care about that.

The only anti-vaxxer I deal with regularly is going the opposite way and getting the COVID vaccine.

2 Likes

The pharmacy by my place is setting up to administer the Astra Zeneca shot. The pharmacist told me she ordered 500 doses and got… 2. :roll_eyes: Once she gets a respectable shipment, then they’ll open up the booking portal.

So I was at the lab getting my blood drawn yesterday and I was talking to the Lab Tech about the vaccine. I told him that I was getting the J&J vaccine. He said, as a joke “Johnson & Johnson? Why would you get baby powder injected?” At first I thought it was a reference to the fetus thing, but it was probably just a reference to their most popular product. However, now that I think about it, it’s kinda a nice double meaning.

Oooh, interesting example.

I’ve been afraid to call my antivaxxer friend for a while, now. I suppose I should contact her soon, but I think I’ll wait until I’ve had my second dose and I can just say “it’s done, I don’t want to talk about it.”

1 Like

does she generally push her anti-vax stance on you otherwise?