Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Nice. Canada is so behind!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

it’s way too early for drama!

How do I get the ‘I got vaccinated’ thing on my avatar? I tried looking at my settings but I’m probably just a moron and can’t figure it out.

I’m not going to be baited. I’ve already outlined why I think it’s important to follow the outlined protocol. Some states are letting everyone get vaccinated, others aren’t, and while some of the rules at this point seem arbitrary, making sure people who need to get vaccinated are getting vaccinated is important. Some states have more people with higher risks, some states have different criteria on how to determine eligibility, and ultimately I don’t want people getting trampled to death trying to get a vaccine because it’s a chaotic mess.

request it in this thread -

“I got vaccinated” flair - Site Feedback - GoActuary

1 Like

Now that would be a great badge

2 Likes

I think that was more important in the beginning, not when over 20% of the population has gotten at least their first dose… The truly at risk either already had at least their first shot or don’t want it or don’t have access to a computer and that’s a whole other issue.

now the rules are arbitrary in the mass vaccination sites. at pharmacies it is still limited to people over a certain age.

I think you and I disagree on who is “truly at risk” because you refuse to accept that obesity makes someone a higher risk.

if they are obese and they work from home, they ain’t getting covid anyway.

i also know a pretty obese person who had a minor case and skinny people die too.

I did

did you die?

are you an actuary?

skinny people die from covid too or can have long covid. this isn’t unique to obese people.

Great. Now how to I get 37 pieces of flair? I have a terrific smile.

3 Likes

yes, probabilities. whatever. doesn’t mean the risk is zero for skinny people. i was at physical therapy the other day, and most of their patients right now are people suffering from long covid and they are mostly in their 30’s and 40’s. i overheard the conversation with the chick next to me. appeared to be no older than in her 30’s, not overweight by any means, and it sounded like she was being treated for long-covid.

what if you’re skinny, but the anxiety from the prospect of getting covid is too much to handle or the anxiety from social distancing is too much and you’re getting suicidal? fat guy goes first?

actually, I would support mental health issues as a mitigating factor

Have you sought help, from a professional?

You hate fat people. We get it.

I’ve heard that they let you get it if you get there and they ask your reason and you state anxiety. It’s not on an official list of reasons, but they don’t stop you.