Where is ignore list?

Struggling to find it but I know there’s a way. How do you ignore someone in this forum software?

Never mind found it.

Someone please post it anyway as a public service. (Someone besides Snikelfritz, since he may not see the request.)

1 Like

When I clicked on the user name of the poster I wanted to ignore, towards top right there was an option to ignore them, and it gave a time option.

ETA, clicked name, then clicked again to get to thier profile.

1 Like

You can also go to your user profile, preferences, then on the right side there’s a drop down for users which then gives you the option.

My cool HS friend once gave me a sound advice: blocking people is the dumbest thing you can do

yap???

who did you ignore?

I understand the theory, but in practice, careful use of the ignore function has made my life much more pleasant.

Although - I don’t think there is anyone on my ignore list that still posts here. When they did, it was nice not to know about it though.

3 Likes

I’ve used the temporary function.

Who said that???

2 Likes

never gets old

2 Likes

I think I’ve had 2 or 3 people on ignore here. One has stopped posting entirely. Another I probably ought to put back on ignore, and permanently, but I struggle with those decisions more than I should.

1 Like

I’m back to 2 now, was at 0 for a while. I like getting to decide what I read, life’s to short to bother reacting to people looking for a reaction.

2 Likes

I think of the times when people pointed out when I was unintentionally being hurtful, and the premise that when people know better, they do better. But then there are people like you stated above.

2 Likes

i’m too nosey to use the ignore feature. i like knowing when awful people say awful hurtful things just to get a rise out of everyone to remind myself that i’m super glad i don’t actually work with them and that my company dodged that bullet.

Who said that?!?!?!?! HA! HA! HA! NEVER.GETS.OLD!!!

…or maybe it does
:man_shrugging:

:iatp: …although I haven’t made much use of that particular function here.

In the discussion boards I participate in, there are a few people who manage to get under my skin. Rather than let them live there and waste time and energy in being tempted to respond, probably pointlessly…

I used it more on the AO. There aren’t as many people here at the moment, and they mostly are pretty reasonable.

2 Likes

Hate them. However, recognize that you have full control over the effects they have over you. Never give someone that kind of power over you.

1 Like