Where do you have an IRA?

When there was work at work, we had at least a couple notaries there, so bringing paperwork to work was a reasonably handy way to get it done.

Nobodyā€™s mentioned Robinhood. Yā€™all missing out.

1 Like

I never actually answered the question.

Vanguard.

Drop in a few thousand when I have the flexibility, goes into whatever mutual fund I picked a decade ago, done.

Think it took me an hour to set up and thatā€™s just because I was rolling a 401k into it.

all my employers ended up rolling into Fidelity. so everything is there without me needing to do anything

I imagine thereā€™s a notary at work that could help you out?

Ehhhhhh, Iā€™ll do it some other time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on team Fidelity, my current 401k is with Schwab but everything else has been moved to Fidelity. Their Active Trader Pro desktop app is pretty cool.

1 Like

All my stuff is at E*Trade apart from my 401k at Fidelity (and some recently inherited money which I am getting out of Ameriprise). Normally when I leave jobs I rollover my 401k, but I can see it will be advantageous for me to leave my 401k open this time. If the market doesnā€™t go south I plan on using the ā€œrule of 55ā€ to take penalty-free withdrawals before age 59.5 but it has to come from the 401k not an IRA. Oh and I have to quit my job, one other detail.

My ambition is to transition to half-time work in four years and help them get a successor in place. Failing that I will probably give two weeks notice and transition to zero-time work.

1 Like

Lending Club (running off), Prosper, Vanguard (oldest), Fidelity, Robinhood (just started this year to try out the match. The match was too good an idea to turn down but I wonder how long it will last.

Similar to some others on here, all of my accounts are with Fidelity - 401k through current employer (prior employerā€™s 401k was also through Fidelity), Roth IRA, Brokerage, and a managed account from a pension rollover with a prior employer.

I havenā€™t had any major issues with them, yet. My only issue is the managed account doesnā€™t allow for a more risky investment appetite. Currently, the most risky option for that account still has 15% in cash/bonds. Iā€™m in my 30s, so Iā€™d prefer my cash/bond percentage to be zero, or very close to it.

Vanguard