Wheel of Time on Amazon - SPOILERS

I got my wife to watch The Witcher so I think I can get her to watch this too. Though I will want to binge it in like 2 days while she will not…so we’ll see.

Three episodes are dropped at the start and then it’s one episode a week, so that may help

Should have realized that since it’s on Amazon but now I’m just sad. Too used to netflix I guess, but that makes sense. All their other stuff has been pretty much the same.

A 2 minute clip from episode one was released.

Another cool trailer dropped. I don’t think we’ve linked all the different clips in this thread, but I’m trying!

On a side note, I like this guy’s reaction/breakdown videos: WHEEL OF TIME TRAILER LIVE REACTION! (Again lols) - YouTube

Very much looking forward to the show, but I haven’t watched any clips beyond that initial trailer yet. I’m applying my movie rule - if I know I am going to watch it, I try to avoid trailers. Probably less of an issue on a TV show like this than the movies where all the funny parts are shown beforehand, but hey I even look away for the first minute of the Great British Baking Show where they talk about what’s going to happen that episode.

You have a stronger will than me!

I can’t help but watch whatever I can find.

First episodes are live on Amazon Prime.

Oh man, I’m going to binge this, and hate myself afterwards. I really hope this is good.

Mrs. Sidekick and I watched the three released episodes shortly after I made the discovery. (Apparently they’re dropping episodes starting at 0000 UTC on Fridays…so Thursday evenings for those of us in North America.)

Definitely some changes from the books, a couple of which put a different spin on the nature of the characters. A couple of changes I wish they hadn’t made (but understand given the realities of funding a series like this).

Maybe not quite as good as I wished, but much better than I originally feared it would be. They seem to have done a pretty good job of capturing the essence of the story so far.

(I’m not sure I have the courage to go see the comments of WoT purists on social media, however.)

Dag didn’t realize it came out last night. Definitely would’ve watched. Oh well, good thing I made plans to do nothing tonight already…

In the middle of the first episode now. The way rand is being portrayed is reminding me way to much of anakin skywalker, which is going to be annoying if it continues.

One episode in and I love it. Geeking out to my wife during it.

I was not a fan of the book series having dropped it after book 1. Was hoping I’d enjoy the series but after my wife and I watched episode 1 both agreed we probably won’t be watching episode 2.

For whatever it’s worth, of the three episodes released, the consensus seems to be Episode 1 was the worst due to pacing, etc. Episode 3 is probably the best of the lot so far.

Seen the first one. Excited to watch the rest. I’ve read elsewhere that the 2nd and 3rd episodes are better.

Summary

Two biggest surprises for me:

1. Perrin has a wife?? And killed her?? Did not see either one coming
  2. Rand and Egwene are MUCH more intimate than the books, but I somewhat expected that since they made the characters older.

I’m willing to give it two more episodes if my wife is, but so far I have no emotional attachment to any character and didn’t see any effort in the first show to build one.

Putting this behind a spoiler blur…

I read online speculation that that change was made to better explain Perrin’s deliberate nature, and how protective he is of a certain someone he meets up with later.

Also from online speculation, you might ask why Perrin’s wife was in the position she’s in when she dies, and why she appears as she does in a dream later on.

I never read the books, but plan to start the series soon.