What'd you like Facebook to be named?

Wonder what Ron Artest thinks of this change

1 Like

He thinks they spelled it wrong

1 Like

Not much different than Google reorganizing as Alphabet

Why are you being to meta-critical?

Sure but if Google had just gone through all this drama about how horrible of a company they are and then were like uhhhh yeah so Google is just a side hussle we’re really Alphabet then I’d say it was silly

I think that’s part of what Google did. They have so many companies, so it’s better to try to shield everything under "Alphabet’

Has META been Beta Tested? I bet ya, I had met a META beta tester.

Makes sense, maybe I just didn’t know the Google drama. Would seem less obviously silly if Facebook waited until the storm cleared and then did it.

:man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :roll_eyes:

I gather Meta sounds very similar to the Hebrew word for dead so some folks are having fun with that.

Meta is already over used. Geeks have been fighting about how to use it as a word, and how to distinguish one use from another. This was a really bad choice of names in my tribe. (Which includes an awful lot of software engineers.)

Alphabet was actually a pretty good choice. It implies everything from a to z, and the other uses of the word are different enough that there never confusion.

Facebook and geeks kinda go together. I consider myself a geek, so I am really just making fun of metaself.