Aaa bbb

a

yep, stepped in the trap

or not American

I donā€™t know that.

If i were 20, Iā€™d probably identify as non-binary, because Iā€™ve never felt like Iā€™m female. Well, briefly after giving birth, maybe. But i donā€™t feel like Iā€™m a man trapped in a female body, either. I kinda donā€™t get gender, to be honest.

When i was 20, non-binary wasnā€™t an option, and Iā€™ve been seen as female by others all my life, and Iā€™m mostly okay with that. So i suppose Iā€™m sticking with ā€œfemaleā€. But itā€™s not like i feel strongly.

Other people have different internal experiences. My daughter is female. She has a strong internal sense of being a woman. She prefers to read stories and watch movies with female protagonists because otherwise she doesnā€™t really get into the story. Me? I identify with the protagonist. Male, female, robot.

Anyway, i agree with the folks at the start. Ask her what she means by that. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a single, well-understood meaning.

Hereā€™s another thought, a bit misogynistic, but a funny clip from a great actor

He is a great actor, although I was hoping itā€™d be funnier than a dumb blond joke :frowning:

I agree with you actually.
In the absence of external (to my body) context, I donā€™t think I would know if Iā€™m male or female, or perhaps care to know.

Iā€™d know that Iā€™m attracted to male, of course. I had feelings about my male classmates since kindergarten. Part of the confusion for me as a kid was why I was having these feelings, and other male kids didnā€™t seem to show the same attraction towards other male kids. I donā€™t think it was until like 5th or 6th grade that I knew something was off and that I wasnā€™t behaving like the other male kids.

But I still didnā€™t feel like I was female.

I wonder if the confusion here is between sex and gender. Weā€™re told that sex is biological and gender is mental/emotional. But usually ā€œfemale/maleā€ is referring to biological sex rather than gender identity and ā€œwoman/manā€ is more for gender identity (at least in how I hear the terms used).

Is there a difference between having a female brain vs a womanā€™s brain? Like could a single person have a brain that was male/woman or female/man?

I think a lot of the confusion here is that the OP said ā€œHere is a 2 word phrase that I am taking completely out of context from someoneā€™s linked in ā€“ can you explain with 0 context what they meant?ā€

6 Likes

Plus the OP refused to opine themselves but is willing to critique anyone elseā€™s opinion on the matter.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure how significant this is, though, because itā€™s not clear you can know anything, or construct any image of yourself as a person, without external context.

I tend to think of gender identity as being like air that we all breathe. Evidently, as long as you can breath it ok, you donā€™t even notice it.

Thatā€™s very true.

The only difference is that I clearly didnā€™t breathe okay, as something did feel off. When I learned why it was that I felt off (sexual orientation), I identified it as that, and not gender dysphoria.
There are days that I wish it was accepted that makeup was acceptable for boys, but I didnā€™t once think to myself itā€™s because I was a girl.

So, maybe thereā€™s something in me that was telling me that I was a boy, despite all these ā€œgirly thingsā€ I do or like.

It means wanting to have boobs and finding male partā€™s ugly.

If you know the meaning of the phrase, then you ought to describe it.

This thread is obviously a huge waste of time because you arenā€™t using your own words.

1 Like

Lucy about to moderate this thread:

2 Likes

Understanding sexual orientation differences seems to take a much smaller leap in imagination. I think itā€™s because at least most of us remember our own ā€œawakeningā€ of sexual desire. In other words, it is not an air we have always breathed. And it is not always present even after awakened.

So as an example of how my brain sometimes doesnā€™t work, about a month ago at the very beginning of my transition I knew that I wanted to do HRT, and I knew that on HRT that you get boobs, but somehow didnā€™t connect the dots and realize that this meant that I will have boobs. I was taking a walk around a lake when it hit me, and now will always remember exactly where I was when I realized that I am going to have boobs. It is so exciting to think that this time next year I will have my own, real boobs and also be most of the way done with having my facial hair removed.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty funny. :slight_smile:

Yes, exactly, itā€™s like intentionally trying to not understand the world.

1 Like

Admittedly this sounds about as much gay as it does female.