Aaa bbb

aaaaa

5 Likes

a

Ask her?

a

We should probably start with what you think it might mean and go from there.

a

I think it goes something like this:
“If you HAVE to ask…(crying ensues).”

Socratic method and all that. Seems like as good a place to start as any.

1 Like

a

You don’t know what you think* it is? You obvioulsy think it means something, and something interesting enough to start a discussion about. What ideas do you have for what that something is?

*note - it is possible that what you think is “wrong”. That’s okay. It’s a discussion, not a test. There may not even be a “wrong” answer to this sort of question.

1 Like

a

1 Like

And the best instructors lead people to find answers rather than spoon feeding them.

Also, on the internet, it’s nice to get some indication that the person is actually interested in the answer rather than just trolling. Not saying which category this thread is in, but looking for some evidence of real intent before investing too much time and effort.

1 Like

a

The modern school system isn’t built for that. No time, and most of the kids don’t care enough. Those aren’t issues in this thread.

Exactly what a troll would say :wink:

1 Like

a

1 Like

a

2 Likes

He didn’t ask if you knew the answer, he asked for your thoughts on what it might mean. It is 100% false you do not have any opinion or thoughts on the possible meaning. And that is generally the best place to start the conversation when someone asks a question.

a

1 Like

On the internet with controvercial topics, I have found that is by far the best method.

With someone I know, or talking about geometry or something, it’s a different situation.

1 Like