What are you watching (bingeing) these days?

I am rewatching series 1 to 10 of Taskmaster (UK) via the Taskmaster channel on YouTube.

Currently on the “Pure Chaos” series (series 7)

Sad that i cannot get series 11 to 13 without setting up a vpn.

She Hulk, Rings of Power, House of Dragons, What We Do in the Shadows watching as released.

Just went through a few seasons of the UK version of Ghosts (on HBO). It’s ok for what it is but wife wanted something light and fluffy and that fit the bill.

1 Like

do you watch the US version? I have enjoyed it

We watched some of it. The shows are very similar the US version being based off the UK version. I think both are OK. I think my wife prefers the UK version I can’t say as I have a preference.

1 Like

I watch all of these!

Ghosts is my “I wanna watch something light” show as well

S3 of “After Life” with Ricky Gervais. the seasons are 6 episodes, 27 minutes each. it goes fast.

Funny show. and sad. (whole thing is about Ricky, who is very depressed and adrift after his wife died of cancer.)

1 Like

funny and sad? does not compute

his overt depression and sadness is not taken lightly. the guy is a mess and the situation is conventionally sad (spouse dies young from cancer).

he says some very funny things. very funny.

Use RPN.

Show is both very funny, and very sad. We humans call it a “coping mechanism.”

Not binging, but I bought season 1 of Hallmark’s Cedar Cove series. Watched episodes 1 & 3 yesterday. Episode 2 points to episode 1 for some reason, both on the tv app and on my phone, but it should be different. I left feedback and hopefully they will fix it.

started a 2nd watch of Last Man on Earth (Hulu). I LOLd several times at the first episode.

1 Like

I liked that show. It had some corny moments but I was sad when they didn’t renew after season 4.

Yeah, me too. They ended it on a kind of cliffhanger that, had they known wouldn’t be continued, probably would have done differently and more satisfying.

On Season 4 now. We watch about two or three episodes a night. Only 6 episodes in a season, love that BBC shortness.

Yeah, I don’t quite understand this. I guess Brits must watch less TV than Americans. As an example, Coupling was 4 seasons and 28 episodes. That’s barely more than a single season of most American shows.

(Plug for Coupling… it’s a good show. If I ever catch up on all the stuff I’ve recorded I will go back and rewatch.)

Or, they have a lot more shows. Or a lot more shit shows that no one bothers to bring to the USA.

1 Like

Maybe, but even the good shows have short seasons.

That might be what makes them great. Instead of burdening writers and producers for 25 hours of scripts and plots and ideas, only 6 hours.

2 Likes

Could be. I will note that the best season of the American version of The Office is the first season which only has 6 episodes.

Season 5 of Sex and the City is one of the stronger seasons and it only has 8 episodes (due to the pregnancies of Cynthia Nixon and Sarah-Jessica Parker which were creatively hidden… to a point.)

That’s debatable. There are basically two schools of thought.