Vaccine Passports

Also, if you want to get the south fully vaccinated this summer, require vaccines to go to SEC football games…

Cooperstown Dreams (little league baseball) Park, NY:

Requiring vax for “[a]ll participants, coaches and campers 12 years and older” - to play baseball.

NB: the vaccines are only EUA for 16+ (or 18+).
8475d9f3e14eba385e3aa34778df8943

Did you not read the rest of the paragraph?

Still kinda dumb/annoying though.

1 Like

NY seems to really be going in on Vaccine Passports. Should be an interesting case study to learn from. I’ve said before I’m not a fan but I’ll watch and see how this goes and hopefully we learn from it.

I did. Did you?

Yes. They are well aware that the vaccine isn’t available for kids that age yet.

Still probably a dumb thing to do, but not because they don’t know what is going on with the vaccines.

It says that they will modify the registration date based on when the vaccine becomes available to people 12 and older.

PFizer has already requested EUA down to age 12. They wouldn’t have bothered to apply if they didn’t think they would get it.

ctm

Based on how the vaccination rates are slowing down, this is sounding like a better idea every day.

The CDC could prevent that by stopping with the nonsense prevaricating and recommending things open more for vaxxed people.

Or advertising, “hug your mom”, and the like.

That is not going to make a bit of difference for the people who are refusing to be vaccinated.
They are mostly ignoring all CDC guidelines for the past year, and will likely lie (if necessary) if places start requesting vaccination status.

2 Likes

But how could they parade around with righteous indignation while wearing yellow stars with “no vaccine credentials” pinned to their shirts?

1 Like

They can probably just throw those back on after getting into the venue.

1 Like

I have seen a lot of colleges are requiring a vaccine for next school year. Curious is anyone has seen any high schools requiring vaccines before next school year?

I have heard of high schools having onsite vax clinics and pushing to get as many seniors as possible vaxxed for prom and graduation.

1 Like

I’d think it difficult for HS’s to require vaccinations since most HS’s include youth as young as 14 and the current lower limit on approved age for vaccines is 16. One of the vaccines has filed for approval to go down to 12 but the FDA has not yet approved that.

Reports are it will be approved next week though.

1 Like

A high school in my area is holding vaccination events for students & family members in the coming weeks. In anticipation of FDA EUA for Pfizer for 12-15, they are allowing anyone 12yo+ to sign up. If EUA doesn’t happen they’ll cancel those appointments.

2 Likes

…Looking like a better idea every day.