USA Men's Soccer Thread

I just played in my member member in San Diego area last weekend. They said course had gotten 16" of rain this year versus 7" on average. There were definitely wet spots. I would like it a bit warner here in Vegas now, sick of the cold. I would definitely be 75%+ to go to the games here.

Have to think the USA will be a strong favourite to win given the home turf.

At that point, Pulisic should be healthy and well rested with something to prove, maybe try to secure a summer transfer. Reyna should also be feeling he has something to prove as a teammate and as a 20-yo. Hopefully, Leeds stays up and the 3 Americans are feeling good.

Love Vegas when it’s hot… not really spending all that much time outside without being next to a pool anyway.

Went once in August and there was a heat wave, that was brutal. Went once in late March… cold front rolled through and it never broke 60. Every other time, including mid-June, weather never even came into my mind.

Sounds like K_R is hosting a GoA Po’tacular!

I went in August once. It hailed in Mountain Pass (the actual name!), then freak-stormed while I was walking from The Rio to The Orleans.

1 Like

Side tripped down to Arizona… the overnight low in Bullhead City was 108 degrees… we were told stay off the blacktop as our shoes would stick. They were right.

I can make tee times at Paiute for a good rate for up to 8 people. Not sure how many people I can book at Arroyo. Might join TPC before then.

Canada easily dispatches Honduras in Toronto tonight so will play the winner of CR and Panama in the semi-final: better than playing the USA or Mexico!

Tickets in the end zones are $50 but good seats are crazily priced for the final. Will be watching the final from a Vancouver pub if Canada gets by Panama.

Yeah, I saw that. WAY up top. Semi’s are $45, but each day has two matches, so not a bad deal.
I sure hope they bring in the grass for these matches, like a real confederation.

I think I I’m buying the $125 tix around 18 yd box line.

Pricy for soccer but those should be good seats.

Alright, CONCACAF Gold Cup just around the corner, um, two months or so.
Finally decided on stadia to use.
SoFi, somehow, gets the final. No word on whether grass will be brought in or not, or the roof demolished.

i think in the past Gold Cup has required grass. The matches I’ve been to in Atlanta always had a grass field installed temporarily. Would be an interesting change if they agree to play on turf.

No word on whether the corners that cut in to the soccer field (but don’t for the fuh-baw field) will be demolished.
ATT and NRG are also venues without grass, along with four grass fuh-baw stadia and one with grass available (Vegas). The other eight are MLS soccer stadia, all of which have grass (one hybrid).

MLS callups for the friendly vs Mexico. First senior team call up for Wiley

Not a good sign when Dest is allowed to leave his Serie A club for this. He’s played in 8 matches all season.

Agree not a good sign.

This report says Barca is trying to sell Dest to Atletico Madrid to help cut the price for Carrasco